I hope this does'nt sound like a dumb question

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sean..

I've just realised that is the nocd for 9.1 and not 9.1 itself. I'll see if I can find the original patch for you although this may work as-is :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Just call MS, explain that it was a hardware failure (not your fault) and they should be ok with it. I've had to call them in the past and they've been ok.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Sean's tale of woe seems to be typical. Users with genuine copies are disadvantaged, but I bet there are a load of people out there running counterfeit copies who have bypassed the WGA checks.

As CB says, a phone call might sort it out. Win XP allows some changes of hardware before it thinks it is being installed on a different machine (and over time these changes are forgotten to allow upgrading). The motherboard problems must have pushed it over the limit.

But if the problem is that the serial number is known by Mickeysoft to be counterfeit then it sounds like the supplier needs to be sorted out.

And doesn't FSX have to be activated (I thought I had read that somewhere). Beware the frequent reinstalls that look like multiple copies being used.

If everyone started using Flight Gear http://www.flightgear.org Linux or Windows wouldn't matter.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Cheers CB, I took your advice and phoned Mickeysoft. Took an hour to sort things out with them. It was like trying to explain Einstein's theory of relativity to a three year old child. Their EULA states that the OS cannot be used on more than two processors. After explaining about six times that it was the same processor, only the motherboard had been replaced 3 times due to faulty manufacture and slightly raising the voice did they admit that the motherboard is not a CPU. No wonder they are such a rich company, as far as Vista and FSX goes they can go swivel.

Many thanks for taking to time to reply and offer advice guys.

Regards

Sean

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

No probs mate. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

That'll be £92 please :wink:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cheque is in the post :wink: I am now taking up wearing tin foil inside my hat so Mickeysoft can't talk to me through my teeth.

Sean