I hope this does'nt sound like a dumb question

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Avant-Garde-Aclue

I hope this does'nt sound like a dumb question

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

After having a spate of problems with my system all of which stems from a bad batch of Elitegroup 865PE-A7 motherboards supplied by PC World, all three!! were useless. I have now installed an Asrock ConRoe SKT775 motherboard and have been gradually rebuilding FS9 and my graphics programmes on to two 160 Gb HD's.

Now because of the MB changes Mickeysoft are now saying that my genuine version of XP Home SP2 is now counterfeit and I am not eligible for any of the security downloads without paying a further £92 to activate the OS again.

My question is this:- Can FS9 be made to run on a Linux based machine?

These days I find I cannot find enough evangelism to subscribe to the Mickeysoft tenet "I think Bill Gates is God and I'm going to give him all my money"

Any advice, pointers and witty comments will be most appreciated.

Regards

Sean
Last edited by Avant-Garde-Aclue on 19 Oct 2006, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

All tries so far have failed.....

No luck getting FS to run on a Linux machine here....if it wasn't for FS I'd have been 100% Linux years ago!

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Oh well thats a bit of a bugger then. I only bought Windows XP Home SP2 on the 18th of August this year and because of festering PC World and their crop of malignant motherboards Microsoft are saying its counterfeit!!! I'm still using the same processor as before but even after scanning all receipts and documentation and sending it to Mickeysoft the bloodsuckers want £92 to say that my already genuine Windows is genuine.

So after this shoddy treatment, if the mongs at Mickeysoft expect me to buy FSX they will have to think again.

Off to scour the web for FS9 emulators or find somebody who can make one for LINUX.

Sean

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Just dont install any windows genuine advantage software and you should be allright. Unless you cant even activate it?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Hi Jonesy, thanks,

I find if I go ito 'My Computer'/ Documents and settings/All Users there's a thing called Windows Genuine Advantage, I have disabled that, but because I have and still am rebuilding FS9 to the way I had it I cannot download the FS 9.1 fix because they want £92 ($200) to reactivate an already genuine windows product. To say the least I am totally unimpressed by these people.

Why is there only one Monopolies Comission?

Sean

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

IIRC You dont need a validation check to download the 9.1 patch?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Quite correct Jonesey. In fact, you can get the 9.1nocd patch HERE :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sean are you meaning the fix that upgrades 9 to 9.1....putting in the missing bridges etc?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Yes Garry thats the one. They keep asking for validation. Thanks DaveB the no CD thingy is very useful.

Less than 3 weeks and I will be an ex-pat stateside, but even so its infuriating that these people state that my OS is fake. I bought it on 18/09/06 had to change motherboards since then. Their EULA states I can't put it on more than two 'Processors' its the same damn processor just a different motherboard.

Did these arseholes go to the Chris Trott School of Pedantics or vice versa?

I give up, shoot me now.

Regards

Sean

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Did you re-install windows? I transfered my old hard drive to my backup PC and windows didnt moan about aything, I just had to run Drivercleaner and then install the old motherboard drivers.