BAe146 services inaugurated

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

BAe146 services inaugurated

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Well, Ben didn't waste any time. No sooner had the ink dried on the flightplans and Ben has hot-footed it from Stansted to Innsbruck. Hope you had a nice flight Ben?

Rgds

John

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Morning all.

Had a good flight thanks, steady 280kts @28000. I put in too much fuel so had plenty left in reserve when i landed, but I always do that on my first flight in an a/c. I used the Eurowings Pro aircraft for this trip, as I love the AirUK repaint, but I'm just about to head off on the return leg in JM's model. Noe this is one aircraft I'd love to see one of the guys model!!! (hint hint) :poke:

I'll try the JM aircraft with the default panel and ML fantastic panel, just to see if there are any funnies. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I've been using JM's 146 and ML's 146 panel for quite some time and have never had any problems other than figuring out what the text reads on the panels because ML has them scale sized which means that for that big panel to fit on my 17" panel, the words are about unreadable. Spent enough time in the real one though to know where most of the switches were anyway. :smile:

JM is building an updated set of 146 models in addition to the RJX and ARJ updates, so hopefully we'll get a fully featured 146 (including proper operation of the speedbrake and lift dumpers) here in not too long and ML will be able to finish up V4 of the 146 panel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chris,

I always use ML's panel... even in the Eurowings model, just seeing how things compare for the va.

Just been flying with all the various combinations,an the JM models with ML's panel / fd seem to be the best in terms of closely matching the real thing, the eurowings FD seems a little out, its just a shame the eurowings model is better. :smile:

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

There have been to my knowledge 3 further attempts at a freeware 146, all looking very promising but for some reason none having yet made it to completion. First off ther was the Irish (?) guy who I think went into payware (albeit not too successfully :think: ), a French guy who posted on here a couple of times a while back with an excellent model which I have not seen or heard of again and Callum McLoughlin who should be around and about here somewhere :wink:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'd really like to see DM do one, as I think he'd do it justice... and it would make a nice end to the British jets. :smile:

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I wouldnt be averse to that idea at all Ben and I have (albeit not in this exact location) a lot of high quality reference material. However, I did enquire about that before with DM and I dont think he wishes to scratch-build any more (new) models.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ben..

Which JM model are you using?? I've scoured Flightsim.com and the only one I can see is the old 2002 model.. bae146jm.zip :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

He was supposingly upgrading the model...this was about a year ago.

I don't know if that is still on

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

It's on here Dave, I've just downloaded the 200 & 300 again.
http://www.flightsim.co.nz/
It's a nice model.

And I think we need the Matthias Lieberecht panel as well. That's at AVSIM.

DM
ImageImage