Help with Flights

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

stegs
Trident
Trident

Help with Flights

Post by stegs »

Can anyone help me here? I've just got type approval for the Viscount and I wanted to try the regular flight from Teesside to both Jersey and Heathrow using the Viscount but when I go to book a flight there is no Viscount available. Has someone just not brought the aircraft back?

Am I missing something or just being a bit thick :smile: ?

Steve Gill

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Steve,

There are no Viscounts based at EGNV, although there are flights available for you if you 'bring your own'.
The different fleet types all have 'designated bases' as a 'collecting point'. Any aircraft that is not at a designated base is to be assumed in use by another pilot on a series of flights and will remain under his care until he returns it to a designated base. This means that if you plan a series of flights and steer clear of designated bases then the aircraft is yours until you return it to a base - it saves squabbles and stops someone nicking your ride.

The designated bases are as per this thread :

http://www.cbfsim.org/cb-bb/viewtopic.php?t=6131

You will note that the Viscounts are specifically allocated bases per registration and should be returned to their base when finished with.

There is lots of good info in the forums which will aid you enjoyment with the VA, it makes for good bedtime reading :wink: .

Rgds

John

You can check the fleet page to see where the Viscounts are currently situated.

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Thanks for reply John
I sort of realised as soon as I'd posted that that would be the reason.
I blame the red wine :smile:

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry Steve.. we've all done it (well.. I have anyway) :redface: The amount of tickets I've bought only to find the airport deserted... :doh:

Have fun in the Viscount's mate :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!