Yikes!!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Yikes!!

Post by ivanT3 »

Well, my first go at it ended up with me out of fuel about 30 miles from, EGNT Coming from EGLL, I didn't want to kill anyone so I bailed. Crashed the sim instead of the Aircraft. FS said I would Burn 275 Gallons of fuel In the Trident to go 218 nm. I should have known. Also, I noticed that Fly net filled my left and right tanks unevenly. How odd.

Anyhow, I'll try again and make a return flight so I'll make sure I have enough fuel on Board.

This is the first time I've ever been nervous flying the sim and it's the worst airmanship I've shown in at least a year.

Ivan....................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Ivan,

The Trident should average fuel burn of between 3500-4000kgs per hour, then you will need reserves on top of that. If you use a rough figure say of 4000kgs per hour and then add @3000kgs for contingency/reserves etc you shouldn't go far wrong. Once you have a few hours under your belt you will get a feel for how much fuel you use. Don't forget to make sure when you refuel on FlyNET to use kgs if you plan in kgs or lbs if you plan in lbs. Once you hav selected it once it should remember the next time.

Rgds

John

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, Yeah, your numbers seem about right. I flew EGLL-to-EGNT and also did the return flight. 100% both ways. The second Landing at EGLL was slightly hard {it sure felt soft but they say 200 some FPM. }

The thing I still don't get is, when I load out fuel, the Center tank remains empty and the left tanks drink faster than the right tanks. :think: ..

It was fun though. The strange fuel use is no matter I guess but I am wondering why it does this.

Thanks

Ivan......................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The fuel loading is a known issue and a fix is in place, however it won't be implimented until they finish work on a couple of other areas. Shouldn't be long though.

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

Thanks Chris,

All in all, It's a fabulous program {Flynet}.. I'm really digin; the whole thing. The VA is going to be most of my flying now. My goal will be to stay 100% but that's harder than it seems at first. 250 below FL100 will get me
:roll: , I just know it :doh: ..

I'm going to fly some approaches in the HS-748 and look toward a type rating for it as well.

Thanks to all the folks who work on these Aircraft and the Flynet software. Not to mention the guy's working in the front office at the airline. This is a lot of fun

:wink:

Ivan.............................

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Look at my profile sometime... that 250 knot thing is the bane of my existance... And one wonders why I campaign so hard to pull it... :wink:

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Can't say I've ever noticed any fuel load problems with the Trident on FlyNet. (30 odd flights)
Centre tank empty is quite normal, but left & right are normally within 1% of each other all the time.
I'll have a check next time.

Well done for bailing out Ivan. Done it myself more than once. You wouldn't want to fly with me!

And don't worry about landing the jets at 200fpm & more. Anything under 300 is soft enough in real life, FlyNet is hyper sensitive to fpm rate.

Yes Chris collects 250kt speed limit penalties for fun.
Landing lights off below 1000ft is the one that gets me.
Fly over a small hill at 2500ft & bong.
Ok that's quite a big hill, but feck, it's perfectly safe, even in the dark when I've no idea where I am. :lol:

DM
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

The VC10 is dead even in all tanks every time....the only time I've filled the centertank is on cross-"Specific"/Atlantic :wink: flights.....(more that 2700 nm I think, normally it's only the others)

Reg. landing lights:

On climb I turn them off at approx 5000 normally (well inside the safe area)

On descent I turn them on as I pass FL100, never gives me a bong...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

Hi Guy's :wink:

I Figured out the uneven Fuel use in the Trident. As mentioned, the center tank stays empty, depending on the amount of fuel loaded. Well, as an Audio engineer, There's no way I'll let a switch stay on if it's not doing anything :lol:

I shut the center Valve[s] off and that produced and uneven fuel flow. Last night, I left the center tank switch ON and the other four tanks emptied evenly. :dunno:

Ivan..................