Stupid Mistake.

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Stupid Mistake.

Post by ivanT3 »

I'm about to fly Trident G-AWZM Back to EGLL from EDDF. Fine, the outbound went well. However. I see that fuel will cost a whole 0.30 more per liter!! O.K., in a car driving through a city, this is bad enough. But when we're talking about a jet, the numbers are just plain scary! I should have fueled at Heathrow for the round trip :doh: :doh: . I see that last night's flight made way less Money thanks to this same mistake. :-({|=

I'm learning, It's only my Fourth Flight. Sorry :roll:

Ivan.............

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ivan,

Don't worry about it mate. Many airfields are like this giving you a 'rock and a hard place' situation. While the outbound flight will have made a loss, your return will be as good as it can get as you'll have taken on zero fuel. It 'sort of' works itself out so don't sweat it :wink: Thing to do if you're worried about fuel costs is perhaps take onboard a little more than you need rather than double the load. An extra 1000kg (for example) will have a small impact on your outbound flight but your return will benefit from not having had to buy a 1000kg at extortionate fuel costs :wink:

Btw.. I saw a destination for the Trident3's in Russia the other day and the fuel is 1.1v$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just a bit too far away to nip out for a top up though! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

DaveB wrote:Ivan,

Don't worry about it mate. Many airfields are like this giving you a 'rock and a hard place' situation. While the outbound flight will have made a loss, your return will be as good as it can get as you'll have taken on zero fuel. It 'sort of' works itself out so don't sweat it :wink: Thing to do if you're worried about fuel costs is perhaps take onboard a little more than you need rather than double the load. An extra 1000kg (for example) will have a small impact on your outbound flight but your return will benefit from not having had to buy a 1000kg at extortionate fuel costs :wink:

Btw.. I saw a destination for the Trident3's in Russia the other day and the fuel is 1.1v$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just a bit too far away to nip out for a top up though! :lol:

A

Hi Dave,

Yeah, it's 6 of one and 1/2 dozen the other [as they say]..One could spend some time figuring out the impact of fuel cost at destination -vs- departing Airport. I wondered about the cost of carrying the weight of the fuel it's self even :think: ,, Also on my mind is climb rate, altitude for a given flight length and so on.

On my way into EGLL last night, I was using ATC and they sent me 30[?] miles out past my NDB to vector onto final for 7-R. I thought that was a bummer but, there were two Aircraft in front of me and when I think about it, I would have had a mess getting in had I not paid attention to her, {she sounded cute on the mic :dance: }. I like to use ATC because they start me falling at about the right time. This is something I should start doing my self though...

Well, I'm having a blast of a time with the whole deal :wink:

Ivan.......................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well, I'm having a blast of a time with the whole deal
That is the important thing mate :wink: Don't get dismayed when things don't go to plan. Just chip away and have fun :rock:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!