UK2000 Stansted Extreme released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've been flying from Stansted to either Glasgow or Belfast Int. just about every week since April, so I might get this. Got the IFDG Easyjet A319 already, and no doubt there's an Easyjet B737-700 somewhere so I can relive the entire experience. As if the reality isn't bad enough. :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

DaveB wrote:Even our very own Toby's sceneries display a 'I think I know who made this' look about them.
Thats a very diplomatic way of saying "crap" Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: (Well I'm not that impressed with them :worried: )

I have been (and am) so busy with work I havent even fired up FS in weeks now. I had some vaguely promising revamps and new sceneries in the pipeline, if I can find some enthusiasm to get one or two out over the Xmas break.... They will be FS9 only mind. Peter McL did some testing for me and confirmed they dont work in FSX, which is exactly what I expected and contrary to the official line of course :roll: :lol:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Paul K wrote:I've been flying from Stansted to either Glasgow or Belfast Int. just about every week since April, so I might get this. Got the IFDG Easyjet A319 already, and no doubt there's an Easyjet B737-700 somewhere so I can relive the entire experience. As if the reality isn't bad enough. :lol:
Project Opensky do a half decent 737-700 model but the flight dynamics are a bit suspect.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's not what I meant Toby and I'm sure you know that :wink:

It certainly does look impressive but from a VA point of view.. I'm close to 600 flights now and I think I've only been to Stansted 2 or 3 times (and that was because of routing). I've been to Kirkwall more times come to think of it :shock:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

DaveB wrote:That's not what I meant Toby and I'm sure you know that :wink:
Ditto, I just have a quirky sense of humour :lol: :wink: That said, I look at some of it now it would certainly like to improve on it. The main problem is producing "photoreal" images of things that no longer exist :sad: Ground texturing is another area I could really do with some improvement!

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

It isn't that which is the problem really - I don't think I hit the nail on the head. I think that the textures are grainy... the taxiway textures don't look too amazing either.

There, I said it :redface:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

jonesey2k wrote: Project Opensky do a half decent 737-700 model but the flight dynamics are a bit suspect.
Thats okay Jonesey; judging by last Monday's landing at Glasgow, Easyjet's 737 flight dynamics aren't that hot either. :lol:

Thanks for the pointer! :smile:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

You should try Ryanair! They just go for it and slam it into the ground! :lol:
Taxi at about 60kts too! :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

jonesey2k wrote:You should try Ryanair! They just go for it and slam it into the ground! :lol:
Taxi at about 60kts too! :lol:
Must be ex-Irish Navy carrier pilots. :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I downloaded and installed this Stansted and explored it a bit. I have to say I was extremely impressed with it. It is probably Garry's best yet. I've ordered the CD :smile: