Captain Sim Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

try a restart of your PC.... Worked for me....

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

i got there eventually and my entire file downloaded only for it to crash each time i tried to install it - i had to download another file that would register it seperately.

used it for the first time...awwwwwful frame rates - completely woeful. took a look at my performance settings and it was using all but a small fraction of RAM!!

config edit > turn off smoke, fuel dump and side views.

:smile:

15fps in the VC

can't wait for my new graphics card! it looks ace, but 15 stuttery fps on my burnt out card isn't too hot.

saab safir please for one case of poor frames...

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Well I think the 757 is utter s***e.

She looks very nice indeed, but come on! The flight dynamics are from the default 737, check the aircraft.cfg!
Now I know about the block packs ect but I would have thought they would have made the effort of making their 757 fly like a 757 without having to buy more add-ons!
To add insult to injury the freeware soundpack I was using on the Project Opensky version is better then there payware one.
Ive edited the posky air & cfg file to fit it.
If I had just payed full price then Id would be very miffed.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

hinch wrote: can't wait for my new graphics card!
Slightly ooff topic, what card you getting??

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well..

The long awaited download key never arrived so a swift email to CS got a manual download key! :smile: Shot down in 8mins and installed in a couple more. Looks great, flies a treat (can't comment on the default 737 aircraft.cfg Jonesey) and is good on frames on my flying pc (XP3200, sata, 1.28gig DDR333, Sapphire x700Pro 128mb) so can't complain :wink: Didn't download anything other than the base pack (727-200) so am using whatever sounds M$ has given it. Should I ever fly it again, I'll consider finding some decent RR sounds but other than that, I'm happy.. well, as happy as I ever am! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

Hum - well it looks fantastic, but more of a ground instructional airframe for me - won't hold an ILS for love nor money. Didn't think of looking at the .air file - but for 6 quid I'm not complaining. Might be able to cobble something up from it - if I'd paid full price I'd be a bit miffed.

It's obviously a work in progress - which is a shame because if LevelD's upcoming 757 is anything like their 767, this will be a dead duck ...
Simon

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Ive finaly got my model display problem sorted, (to do with rendered parts) took the C-130 up from JF to see what she was like.....

see this post for image

http://cbfsim.org/cbfsimv5/cbfsbb/viewt ... 289#104289

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

simtrac wrote:Hum - well it looks fantastic, but more of a ground instructional airframe for me - won't hold an ILS for love nor money. Didn't think of looking at the .air file - but for 6 quid I'm not complaining. Might be able to cobble something up from it - if I'd paid full price I'd be a bit miffed.

It's obviously a work in progress - which is a shame because if LevelD's upcoming 757 is anything like their 767, this will be a dead duck ...
That would be because the autopilot is the same as the default 747 :roll:
With posyky's airfile and this model its half decent for £5. Exterior model, 2d panel and VC are top notch. Will have to get the proper "Block" systems and flight model when they are released. Stupid system if you ask me. The 707 & 727 are perfect.
The sounds Im using is the version 4 ones done by Emil Serafino and they are top notch. I use his sounds for all of my non-Brit airliners.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

I'll certainly give those a go, Jonesey - as you say, the rest of the aircraft is superb and it's a shame to see it on the virtual fire dump ...
Simon

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

simtrac wrote:if LevelD's upcoming 757 is anything like their 767, this will be a dead duck ...
it's out and has been for a while ;)