If you missed the captain sim sale,......

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Rick I have downloaded the sisandra thingy what do you need to look at? re Ipswich sounds a long ride but maybe worth it.. that may stop me moaning about FSX :lol:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Tony

Go to "tools" then "create report" tick all the boxes.

then the last page before you generate the report "Delivery method"

then "save to disc" in "plain text" format (default).

TonysPC.txt will do then e mail me it.

also send your FS9.cfg file
and your scenery.cfg file

that way i can see if there is anything untoward going on.

Regards
Rick :wink:

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Cheers Rick doing the report now :smile:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Tony

Report takes a long time to compile.

you will find the text file in the C:\program files\ sisoft etc folder when it's done.

Regards
Rick

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

Sorry to butt in chaps, but this seemed as good a place as any ... I took the plunge and got FSX today.

I agree with Rick. I have just been having a ball with the PD Spit in FSX. The water, the vastly improved visibility rendering, the general feel of the sim combined with an aircraft of this class is almost hypnotic!

With Horizon VFR, I can only imagine ... words fail me ...

Hope you can sort your machine out Tony - it seriously isn't as bad as the knockers would have some of us believe (not your machine - FSX!)
Simon

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I agree re FSX - despite the many bugs it's a big improvement on FS9. I've got a mid-range system (AMD 4000+, NVidia 6800GS and 2Gb of assorted RAM) and find that FSX is perfectly flyable under most circumstances. Something to bear in mind is the difference in FPS visualisation between FS9 and FSX - a reported FPS of 15-20 looks pretty smooth in FSX but dire in FS9.

I believe also that FSX has a problem with AMD systems - it came up, as a throw away comment, in an ACES reply to a query back in November and this seems to be borne out by the people with Intel processors of 3Gb and above doing better than those with even the fastest of AMD processors. Also the new Core Duo processors are particularly good with FSX - although why this should be the case when FSX does better with raw speed escapes me.

I now use FSX exclusively and have ported all my FS9 a/c over to FSX - mostly without problems or with minor issues.

I'm now looking forward to tearing the wrapping paper off the full set of Horizon Gen-X scenery on Monday.

Regards,
Chris

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I believe also that FSX has a problem with AMD systems
Guess who has just got a brand new Athalon 3500+ system and has found out FSX does not run well on it! :crying: this newPC came with a an ATI X550 card which I suspect is not as good as my old 9600 card. Shame the MB will not take AGP cards........grrrr!
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Think positive Trev.. FS9 should run a treat on it :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Tony

Typed a massive reply about your PC last night which then would not post :crying: as soon as i pressed submit it blanked the page and i lost it.

Can't see a good reason why your PC benchmarks so low.

your figures are about 50% of what i got on my P4 3.0 ghz with the X800Pro. (which would just run FSX with Generation X smoothly).

It looks to me like either the benchmark does not take advantage of your SLi setup (quite possible) or your PCI Express slots are locked to 1x bandwidth in the Bios.

nothing in the list apears out of place or not running properly so very hard to pinpoint exactly why it's not fast enough :dunno:

Regards
Rick