The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Edit Voice Pack

Post by migeater0 »

Heyup,

Installed this add-on to assist with the new AI packs (Adobe) I installed. Now, all the listings come up in the callsign selection for the a/c. Now, went to try and fly my new F-104 and MiG-15, but it wouldn't allow me to make a selection on the FS9 ATC page. With this in mind, I consulted the EVP website, and they said,

I can no longer select a reply to ATC instructions

This problem will typically occur if you have applied or removed voicepak acceleration. Please chose Settings/ATC in Flight Simulator and ensure you have a pilot voice assigned.
I get ATC to work every now and again (I mean, very rarely), so, to get it working all the time, what are your suggestions?

For the record, Belarc tells me I have the following MS Framework:

NETFramework 1.1
no verification data S867460 on 12/03/2006 (details...)
no verification data M886903 on 12/04/2006 (details...)
and the ATC window doesn't work for any of the default a/c either.

TIA,

Regards,

Nick
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Top tip... Don't use the accelerated voicepak.... its just wrong. The product is excellent though and I have used it for years. I'd try uninstalling EVP and reinstalling (after a reboot of course)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

I didn't use the accelerated voice option, I made that mistake last time I used it. That was quite a while ago.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

You could try restoring the original file from CD-2. It is in "MSGAME5.cab" and the file is "USEnglishBig.gvp" at least it is on my system.

First use Edit Voicepack to make a backup of the current ATC sound file - File Menu, Create Backup

Move the file that is now in the sound folder (for backup purposes) and replace it with the MS original.

See if that fixes the problem. If it does then you have isolated the problem and you will know it is something to do with EditVoicepack. You can then you can try restoring from EditVoicepack - File Menu - Restore backup. If the file was corrupt this MIGHT hopefully be a fix. If you have the problem with the original MS file, then it must be something other than EditVoicepack, and I don't have a clue what it might be.

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Thanks Gents, will try it tonight.

Nick