The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

CH Pro Pedals USB

Post by ajb »

Hi Guys,

Firstly of all Complements of the Season and may you all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Santa, bless him (her :wink: ) finally brought me a new set of pedals after 7 years of the old style. Trouble is, I'm having a real job on getting used to them. It's great that they have toe brakes but having been used to the old version where the "toe brakes" were actually the rudder pedals, I'm forever braking when I'm supposed to be turning. I guess that I'll get used to that soon :think: What I have problems with is the centre detent - slight ruddder adjustments one direction to the other get exaggerated by the extra push past the detent. The other is comfort. I can't seem to get a good seating position where my feet rest on the pedals without having to hold them tense to prevent pushing the brakes. It's me old back yer see :-({|= Anyone else noticed the same problems (and if so how did you resolve them?) or is it just me being a div?

Regards
Andy

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Not the most comfortable pedals to use, they're not ideally suited to use sitting at a PC and the pedals are close together. I use them with no footwear other than socks on and alternate between either just hanging my toes over the 'heel end' of the pedals and just applying pressure on the pedals and in the direction I want to push and then let the ball of my feet slide on the base plate. If I'm landing and know I'll need the brakes then I put the ball of my feet on the heel part of the pedals and then 'rock' my feet for braking as required. Takes a bit of time to find the most comfortable positon to suit but I cannot use the pedals with my feet in the positions that I'm sure they are intended. Hope that helps.

Rgds

John

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

I have the ch pro peddles,and the best position i have found,is to fit them on the bottom shelf of my computer desk,between the two computer towers,and a rail at the back,and a couple of cabinet plastic blocks screwed into the shelf at the front.
This set up stops the peddles sliding off,and puts them at a comfortable hight,about 3" from the ground,to the bottom of the peddles base.
Then adjust the null and sensativity in fs 9 settings to suit you.
regards alan. :smile: