Nicely executed wheels up in a King Air

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

steve p
Victor
Victor

Post by steve p »

DispatchDragon wrote:hehehehe very little grass at PDK Steve.....and what there is , is usally waterlogged

Leif
Cheers Leif. That explains it.

Best wishes
Steve P

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Bugger

I meant to post this aerial shot of the runways at PDK its a little more
self explanatory

Leif

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

In All seriousness I think PDKs days are numbered due to the NIMN ijiots
as I said PDK has had its share of "spectacular" accidents - the worst of which was a Lear that departed through a flock of birds and wound up on the Buford Highway which runs pararell to the runway

Leif

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Chris Trott - I was not expecting foam to be deployed, but I would have expected the Fire Services with their infra red sensing equipment to be available a.s.a.p. so that any incipient outbreak of fire could be foreseen - quite apart from anything else, this has a radical bearing on the method and route of evacuation - see the tragic Manchester 737 fire of 22.8.1985 for a prime example of why this is now regarded as important

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

As I said Chris, they were on hand, just not hovering over the aircraft as it's not needed. The IR cameras are mounted on the truck, so why get any closer than you have to? The water/foam/chemical cannon on the trucks can reach out well over a hundred feet, so it shouldn't be surprising not to see them with as closely shot as the video was.

Lief - I was speaking of foaming down the aircraft and engines after the aircraft stopped, not the runway. I do understand that foaming the runway in preparation for such a landing is frowned upon and not practiced within North American and most of Europe anymore.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Chris - ah, I see - thanks for the explanation. Happy New year to you and everyone on this board