New Computer

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

stegs
Trident
Trident

New Computer

Post by stegs »

Hope you guys don't mind me putting this post on this forum but I had to share it with someone.
I've just got my new setup up and running and all of a sudden FS9 is like a whole new piece of kit.
Frame rates with all the sliders right across up in the 80's. Now clouds are no problem. I always had to fly blue sky on my old comp just to get a respectable frame rate without stutters.
This is the second time this has happened. I remember upgrading from a 486 to a Pentium and FS98 absolutely flew.
If it wasn't for flightsim though I probably would still have the 486. This hobby has cost a bit over the years. But it is fun :smile: :smile:

Steve

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

I'm saving for a new super gaming laptop.

The missus doesn't know yet :-$
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Enjoy, Steve! Bet you're having a lot of fun with it. :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Steve. I expected bells and whistles going from an XP2400 to an XP3200 but never found what I was expecting. That said.. I have the world and his dog loaded on the '32' but for the most part, I still use this old dog.. with clear blue skies :wink:

Tom.. no problem with a laptop mate. Just wait until the good lady is out and sneak it in.. then hide the box. Most women don't pay that much attention to detail and by the time she notices, you can say you've had it for AGES!! :lol: Always works for me :wink: I used to have an old 28" Hantarex airport info type monitor as a tv (attached to a pc with a TV card) but got rid of it to the spare room early last year when my assistant manager gifted me his old tv. It must have been September when she said "When did you get that tv?" :lol: Mind you.. my toyroom is so full of rubbish, I can't tell what's new now!! :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

:lol: :lol:

The old 'Had it aaaaages' trick. Used many a time. Problem is, my bank statements now come to our house instead of my moms, she can really check up on me!

Mind you, what am i talking about, i got a whole room and mess at Shawbury to hide my stuff in...hmm... :think:
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM