Shackelton

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Shackelton

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Hi All,

Just bought the Shackleton Projects Shackleton, and I have to say Im really impressed, its fantastic!

I also got something called World environment pro which I also recommend, It makes the fs9 world look a little better!

Here are some screenie's for you:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Lovely shots of the old girl James :wink:

Check out the readme and you'll see a list of very prominent CBFS members were involved in that project and the model still, IMHO stands up well against some of todays headbangers :rock:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

I shall have a look...I knew that this team was related to CBFS members, and I still can't stop flying it, even some of the later pay ware fs models are still not as fun to fly as this Shackleton!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I agree with that wholeheartedly :wink: I think the soundset has a lot to do with it :rock:

The production version should have been patched a long time ago now but if you get a fuel imbalance, let me know and I'll get the patch to you should you not have it :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Definatly! Theres not much that can beat Griffon Engines thrashing away. Not noticed anything untowards just yet..but thats possibly because I'm more of a load up and go pilot most of the time, its rare that I go through most of the correct checks.

However, with the detailed set of checklists that this comes with, its always fun.

I was looking on the Projects website and the posts seem to be all from 2005. Has this project stopped now, as I was looking at the possibility of a MK2 Shackleton, this is something that I would definatly buy as I've always liked the tail-dragger version.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi James,

The problem with the Shack (if it can be called a problem) is that out of the box and onto your screen.. you will have enough fuel for well over 12hrs flying so the problem isn't immediately noticeable :wink:

As for the project.. as a whole, I think it's safe to say it's run it's course. There were plans for a MkII but team members have come and gone leaving it very much stalled. The MkIII was a pretty exaustive exercise with one component being made by one chap, another by another chap, another by someone else etc and all involved (me included) were glad to see it out in the public domain. It was nice to be a part of it but I think it turned many off trying something similar again. We live and learn :wink:

Anyway.. I'm glad to see she still finds new friends :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Paule
Comet
Comet

Shackleton

Post by Paule »

James

Not the same quality, but I did a fix for Paul Fosters MR2 and AEW2. Its over on Classic Files. If I could get more info, drawings and PNs I could probably persuade Manfred to do a new model in GMax.

Paul

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Thanks,

I Shall have a look for it,

James.