Best Broadband provider

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Best Broadband provider

Post by speedbird591 »

This is a question that often crops up and this is where to get authoritative info on all things BB. This site used to be called ADSL Guide but is now renamed as ThinkBroadband. Worth a look and very good forums on BB providers as well.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/2965 ... ators.html

BT is top provider for the second quarter running so I don't think I'll change.

Ian
Last edited by speedbird591 on 08 Feb 2007, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

NTL have now gone............................

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websale ... ce.do?id=2
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Yes, I know. The present Mrs Speedbird works for Virgin Mobile and at this very moment is off to London to party the night away at the Launch. What is really really really upsetting is that staff have been offered an amazing media package for next to nothing. Guess what - we haven't got cable where we are. So Sky and BT still get all my hard-earned dosh :sad: Aaaaargh!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

The present Mrs Speedbird works for Virgin Mobile and at this very moment is off to London to party the night away at the Launch
Whaaat!! and not even taking you? Gutted..........That's what I would say if it were me............Gutted!! :sad:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

we haven't got cable where we are
Same here. But the house about 30 feet away which was built about 5 years ago has NTL cable :sad: . 10 years ago the same builders would not let them lay cable and now they are not interested.

If we had not got BT Broadband in the last couple of years, I might have been asking the neighbours for a wireless link to their cable :-$

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I would say Blueyonder. Been with them for about 5 years and had super service and the odd speed boost is good too. Started off with 1mbit and Im now on 10!
However Im having a spot of bother recently with high latceny and only 5-6 mbit speeds.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Nigel H-J wrote:Whaaat!! and not even taking you? Gutted..........That's what I would say if it were me............Gutted!! :sad:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's rather a large age gap between me and the present Mrs S, Nigel (19 years :worried: ). I've partied rather too many nights away in my past life and now it's her turn and the thought of me dragging along horrifies both of us! She goes out with her mates from work and (if I'm not working) I can order a large Domino's, open a nicely chilled bottle of sauvignon blanc, put my feet up on the coffee table and watch the latest pirate blockbuster while I wait for the FBI to break down the door. Cyberbrat is upstairs doing god knows what in the chatrooms and the cats snuggle up to me on the sofa.

Gutted? Nah - that's for youngsters who don't appreciate the finer things...

Ian :lol:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I may have missed something but Zen are the top adsl provider.... and have been for years....

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compa ... it=Compare
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Ben Watson wrote:I may have missed something but Zen are the top adsl provider.... and have been for years....
The news item on my original link (on the thinkbroadband homepage) has now slid down a notch so I've re-posted the link. It's the result of an ongoing survey by Epitiro. From the graphs that Ben shows, I suspect that they have only surveyed the larger ISPs as Zen doesn't figure in their top five.

Ben - do you (or anyone else) use zen and can you confirm that they are that good? Do you have to pay a premium to subscribe?

Ian

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Cyberbrat is upstairs doing god knows what in the chatrooms and the cats snuggle up to me on the sofa.
Oooops, me and my mouth!! :doh: :lol: