50% off at Horizon

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I'm curious, all of the shots I see of the VFR Generation X scenery seem to not have any of FSX's rather nice autogen on them; does the scenery not worth with autogen enabled?

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Chris H wrote:I'm curious, all of the shots I see of the VFR Generation X scenery seem to not have any of FSX's rather nice autogen on them; does the scenery not worth with autogen enabled?
No it turns it off by default. However, I believe they are constructing most of the autogen buildings themselves in more detail and covering most major landmarks which will work alongside the standard GenX stuff. Most of their work is still in the pipeline pending FSX patches and of course the imminent release of DX10.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

VEGAS wrote:
Chris H wrote:I'm curious, all of the shots I see of the VFR Generation X scenery seem to not have any of FSX's rather nice autogen on them; does the scenery not worth with autogen enabled?
No it turns it off by default. However, I believe they are constructing most of the autogen buildings themselves in more detail and covering most major landmarks which will work alongside the standard GenX stuff. Most of their work is still in the pipeline pending FSX patches and of course the imminent release of DX10.
In that case I think I'll have to pick this up. I simply adore the FSX autogen on max, it makes VFR flying incredible.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Chris H wrote:I simply adore the FSX autogen on max, it makes VFR flying incredible.
Indeed it does but turns FSX (for me anyway!) into a slideshow of 4-5 FPS. :sad:

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

The scenery arrived today but not FSX so its a bit like having a tea bag with milk and hot water but no cup to put it in!!! Bugger, also waiting to get logged onto their forum.. I assume I will need the patches for the scenery then???
I cant wait to see my slide show :wink:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

tonymadge wrote:I assume I will need the patches for the scenery then???
Yep, basically the first run of the production was bugged ever so slightly. So they released three patches to registered users. The problem was something to do with the North West and Wales area and texture blurring. Everything is auto-install though so even a goo-mer like me can do it..! :smile:

When you get on the forum have a butchers at the threads relating to it.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

cheers will do :smile: