The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Lost AI Traffic in FSX

Post by Buggyman »

Oh b*ll**ks, er, I mean deary me.

Got Aerosofts My Traffic X for FSX on Saturday. 3 times tried installing, 3 times it hung half way through. Gave up and left it until Sunday. Same (non) result. Tried getting help from Aerosoft direct but their site first tells me I am logged on and then, when I try to input a question, tells me to log on. So, bin My Traffic X as a waste of space. These things happen, some add ons are good, others........ Lets say it will be a cold day in hell before I spend money on any Aerosoft offering.

The problem: FSX is back to normal except for the fact that I no longer have any AI aircraft. Nothing in the air or on the ground. It is as if my AI traffic has been scoured from the HD.

Does anyone know how I can reinstate it? Is it possible to just load up the AI from the original DVD or do I have to reinstall the whole lot again?

Any guidance/suggestion would be appreciated - it is a bit lonely in my skies at the moment.

Thanks

Allan

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Have a look in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and see if there is a trafficAircraft.bgl file there. The My Traffic installer may have renamed it to trafficAircraft.bak or something similar. If it has simply rename it back again.
Dave G.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thanks for that Dave.

Found a file titled 'trafficAircraft.bgl.passive'made a copy then removed the 'passive' part of the file and ran FSX. Partial success with parked aircraft now showing.

Then added back to FSX the original 'trafficAircraft.bgl.passive' and tried FSX again with both files. Initially not a great deal happened but after half an hour or so at Heathrow, the AI began to build up and by the time I had finished tonight LHR was fair buzzin.

Looks like - by pure luck on my part - the problem is solved. Normally if I fiddle with these mysterious files the PC decides to die.

Anyway, thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

Allan