Below the minimum voltage?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Below the minimum voltage?

Post by AndyG »

A little advice appreciated from the gurus amongst us please.

I ran Sisoft Sandra Pro on my system at the weekend. One of the more surprising problems flagged was that the VCore was being reported as being below the CPU's minimum voltage - the recommended action was that, if I had underclocked it I had taken it too far!

Now, on the basis that even I'm not stupid enough to underclock my system, the implication is that my system has been running below spec since the rebuild! :doh: In a way this is good news, as I have been more than satisfied with performance and it now looks as though I may be able to give myself a free 'upgrade'. The CPU in question is an AMD Sempron 3000+, some sort of Via motherboard, nice chunky PSU (Jeantech unit, 500W) - any suggestions as to the best way to tackle this?

Thanks in advance,

AndyG

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

You will know if your cpu isnt getting enough voltage by frequent crashes and/or reboots. I personally dont really trust the readings as I have found them to be very inaccurate indeed.

As long as the cpu is running at the correct speed and the system is stable then I wouldnt worry about it.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Righty ho, no worries here then! Cheers Jonesey.

AndyG