Current RAF morale............

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Current RAF morale............

Post by Trev Clark »

If anybody here visits the Prune forum for military aviators, have they noticed just how dreadful the current state of RAF morale is? I have been shocked (and I was known as a bit of a grumbler in my time in the service), to see how bad things are. Anybody else found this?
ATB Trev

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Don't ask. The conversation at work is somewhat interesting.

I just hope that the situation is rectified before the hole is dug too deep. The Nimrod QFI issue sounds interesting, and you may a page or so back find a thread entitled "Flying Pay", which has slightly (to the tune of £7K (minimum) to maybe £50K over their service career) affected a year or so's worth of junior officers, many of whom signed up under one pay deal, and then were given another retrospectively. Just the people the RAF do not need to lower the morale of...

Thankfully the training system is getting slicker, so holding for training courses is decreasing, so hopefully people will now get to the frontline within 3 or 4 years rather than 5.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

It seems the 'bean counters' have the last word on everything.......just wait until that nasty Gordon Brown takes over for a few months :tuttut:
ATB Trev

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

calypsos wrote:It seems the 'bean counters' have the last word on everything.......just wait until that nasty Gordon Brown takes over for a few months :tuttut:
Mmmm, can't wait for a man who thinks the military are "institutionally Tory" to take over. Great. :roll:
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]