Dreamfleet's Archer III in Glacier Bay...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Dreamfleet's Archer III in Glacier Bay...

Post by petermcleland »

This post is really to show off Dreamfleet's new, about to be released Archer III, but I have used the beta2 version of Glacier Bay for my backdrops:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :dance:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Just a heads up about this beautiful scenery...It is freeware and absolutely exquisite, with many airports large and small and some fabulous Traffic included. I'm referring to Holger Sandmann and Team's Glacier Bay version 2. I've been Beta testing this wonderful work, which is now at the Release Candidate stage and I'm asking you to do yourselves a favour this coming week when it is released for free download...GET IT! You will not regret it and you will find the area captivating :dance:

Sorry, I've put this in Payware...This was because the thread from me here is mainly about the Payware Archer III...But the backdrop scenery is the Glacier Bay v2 Beta. BTW that tiny bit of scenery I've shown doesn't even scratch the surface of the massive area covered by this Freeware scenery.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Heh! Ive just seen the screenshots of Skagway! :shock:

As good as, Misty & Tongass...... for free! :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Peter,

Nice selection there :wink: How does the III compare with the II?? I rarely fly GA but still consider the II to be one of the best GA aircraft I've ever bought.. a flick of a coin between it and the Carenado Cherokee.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:Hi Peter,

Nice selection there :wink: How does the III compare with the II?? I rarely fly GA but still consider the II to be one of the best GA aircraft I've ever bought.. a flick of a coin between it and the Carenado Cherokee.
Well Dave, that is not really a fair question as my original "Bush Bandit" is made from the II:-

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

jonesey2k wrote:Heh! Ive just seen the screenshots of Skagway! :shock:

As good as, Misty & Tongass...... for free! :smile:
Yep, Skagway is really fabulous and those two cruise ships leave their berths in a most stately manner. With Misty, Tongass and GBv2 all linked together to form a really massive area of outstanding natural beauty...I'm not sure that I'll ever come home :think:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Well I think I prefer the cowling of the 2 but the 3's interior is more my taste :)

Heh would be fun to fly a display in Bandit, then replay it as AI with the recorder module and then fly in formation with her in Bandit 2 :)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

jonesey2k wrote:Well I think I prefer the cowling of the 2 but the 3's interior is more my taste :)

Heh would be fun to fly a display in Bandit, then replay it as AI with the recorder module and then fly in formation with her in Bandit 2 :)
Well I've always said that Lou's instruments in the Archer II are real works of art and such a joy to look at...RXP instruments are a bit "clinical", very smooth and efficient, but I would just like to see a trace of the glass in front of the dials...One can't really say they are beautiful :think:

The Archer III is an exceptionally well behaved little aircraft that is perfect for ab-initio type training...If I was asked to train someone in Flight Simulator to fly an aeroplane with a view to going on to realife flying training, then I would choose Dreamfleet's Archer III for that task.

I'm not sure that I will use it much myself as I have such wonderful high performance display GA aircraft to fly (all Dreamfleet)...However, I may just play with a few panel changes for fun :think:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Heh I wasnt refering to the guages, more the style of the interior in general, just a bit too old fashioned for me.

As you said the Archer 3 behaves its self very well. I flew an hour and a half flight before, and the Auotpilot wasnt switched on once, normally on the cruise I will stick it on. When I get enough cash for some lessons, it will be a Warrior that I train in, so looks like I should get very proficient in this. :smile:

The RXP GNS430 is a powerfull tool but the Archer is more of a good old fashioned Mk1 map-on-the-lap aircraft :smile: Or VOR to VOR.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Little Bandit mk1 :smile:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

jonesey2k wrote:Heh I wasnt refering to the guages, more the style of the interior in general, just a bit too old fashioned for me.

As you said the Archer 3 behaves its self very well. I flew an hour and a half flight before, and the Auotpilot wasnt switched on once, normally on the cruise I will stick it on. When I get enough cash for some lessons, it will be a Warrior that I train in, so looks like I should get very proficient in this. :smile:

The RXP GNS430 is a powerfull tool but the Archer is more of a good old fashioned Mk1 map-on-the-lap aircraft :smile: Or VOR to VOR.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Little Bandit mk1 :smile:
Well, I'll probably get Bush Bandit out for a bit of exercise and blow away some cobwebs.

BTW...Make sure before you use that Autopilot on the III that you know about the "Flight Level Change" click spot on it :smile: