Reading between the lines . . . . Alphasim Sea hawk!?!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Reading between the lines . . . . Alphasim Sea hawk!?!

Post by AlexP »

I may have put two and two together and come up with five but the following thread appears to show that Alphasim have a Sea hawk in production together with associated scenery (Yeovilton?):
http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=3203.0

There also appears to be a Hunter on the go. Whilst I welcome the option of another Hunter, I would suggest that they’ve really got their work cut out if it's going to improve on Dave Garwood's freeware master piece, which is surely the current bench mark for the type. But good luck to them I’ll be intrigued to see the results.

Alex

P.S. Trev am I right in thinking that you’ve already spotted this or is it coincidence that someone on the Alphasim forum also goes by the user name calypsos?
Last edited by AlexP on 27 Mar 2007, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Reading between the lines . . . . Alphasim Sea hawk!?!

Post by Quixoticish »

AlexP wrote:I may have put two and two together and come up with five but the following thread appears to show that Alphasim have a Sea hawk in production together with associated scenery (Yeovilton?):
http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=3203.0

There also appears to be a Hunter on the go. Whilst I welcome the option of another Hunter, I would suggest that they’ve really got their work cut out if it's going to improve on Dave Garwood's freeware master piece, which is surely the current bench mark for the type. But good luck to them I’ll be intrigued to see the results.

Alex

P.S. Trev am I right in thinking that you’ve already spotted this or is it coincidence that someone on the Alphasim forum also goes by the user name calypsos
I read about the Hunter, I actually sent the OP a link to DG's freeware Hunters but apparently he was already using them and just wanted something better from Alphasim apparently. I think they'll have a hard time beating many aspects of the Hunters we all know and love. I was a little disappointed with the Harvard and Vampire so if they do decide to produce one I'm intrigued to see how it will turn out.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I actually sent the OP a link to DG's freeware Hunters but apparently he was already using them and just wanted something better from Alphasim apparently.
Well.. he'll die waiting won't he!! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Alex, I suspect the 'associated scenery' comment may have something to do with the HMS Eagle that was mentioned in another thread.

With my oft-noted subtlety, I mentioned DG's Hunters in the thread in question (I believe I used the word heresy :lol: ), surprisingly no comments made! :-$

Needless to say I have now stopped work on my own Seahawk, on the basis that it would be like banging my head against a brick wall. Still, freed up time for another couple of projects I've had my eye on for a while. One I'll keep under my hat, but anybody up for a Miles M-52?

AndyG

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Anything Miles works fine round here Andy :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

'Tis true DB

Miles will go far here :roll: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

AndyG wrote:
I suspect the 'associated scenery' comment may have something to do with the HMS Eagle that was mentioned in another thread.
Yes you’re probably right, it’s just that one of the Alphasim team posted ‘Sea Hawk is in the factory along with it's native base’ which made me think it was going to be and airfield rather than a ship and then jumped the conclusion it might be Yeovilton.
Still, freed up time for another couple of projects I've had my eye on for a while. One I'll keep under my hat, but anybody up for a Miles M-52?

You must be working on a Cricri for it to fit under your hat. :wink: :lol: As for the Miles, it could be bit of a handful for my basic piloting skills . . . . . so count me in!!! :smile: :thumbsup:

Alex

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

P.S. Trev am I right in thinking that you’ve already spotted this or is it coincidence that someone on the Alphasim forum also goes by the user name calypsos?
Alas, it is me (god, how sad to nothing important to do all day but frequent forums :-({|= ) and yes I concour that a Sea Hawk is a possibility. Anything is better than the stream of more modern stuff I feared would take over on graounds of financial pressure. This has not happened, thank goodness.
ATB Trev

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Andy,

If you've started, perhaps you could morph it into a P.1052 with a couple of swept wings pinched from the Hunter, and then go on with a straight through tail and Hunter type tail to a P.1081.

This from someone who couldn't model a brick in flightsim. :roll:

You can never have too many Sydney Camm designs.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

AlexP wrote: You must be working on a Cricri for it to fit under your hat. :wink: :lol:
Alex
Big hat Alex - go on folks, there's your feedline!! :lol:

AllanL, that was the original plan, which is why the project is sidelined, rather than binned. As I'm still learning it makes sense to cut my teeth (so to speak) on something a little simpler (well, the M.52 cross-section is basically circular, which has got to help a little) and by working on an existing source file from FreeFlight Design (under the afore-mentioned hat).

My original plan was to cover the P1040 prototype (in a couple of guises), the P1072 (P1040 with added rocket), Seahawk, P1051 and P1081. When I've got a little more confidence, and when we've seen what Alphasim have produced, I can look at plugging the gaps.

Of course that would all lead up nicely to DG's Hunters, all we would need from him would be some of the Firestreak test aircraft and a P1083!! :lol: :redface:

AndyG