FSX again.....

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'd tend to go with what Ben said. Notwithstanding the odd ridge in the water from place to place (nice little water feature off the Severn Bridges).. the default sim is a country mile better than the default FS9 and that includes textures and landclass. Try taking off from Llanbedr and flying your favourite route through the mountains and you'll find that it's not much different from UKVFR Textures. Do the same in FS9 and it looks absolutely nothing like it :shock:

GenX isn't working for me unfortunately but the default is good enough to fly around in and I get good speeds. Dare not put autogen on though as I lose 20fps straight away. A darned shame as this too is miles better than the 'nuclear aftermath' effect you get from FS9 :roll: Agree that the default airports are poo but they were not exactly accurate in FS9 were they :lol:

One day.. I might have a pc fast enough to run it to it's potential :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Thanks for the vote of support Rick
yes I am grumpy also I am grumpy with FSX as it should be called FS Shyte!
Why ..well you have to invest in a system to run it you have to invest in all new add-ons again because, suprise suprise MS lied about backward compatability... Oh btw I DID READ ALL THE TWEAKS.. it was still poor and not as wonderful as they stated .. I am not a foloower of emporers clothes but you go ahead and tell me how wonderful it is, after all we still have free speech...just about!!!!
I assume I will soon be banned from slating FSX which is fine by me, I recall a comment from you regarding "buy it first before moaning" or similar. Well I did buy it so I can moan, however I won't anymore as it may upset the children :wink:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell no Tony :lol: . I only pointed out a few bonus points to be different. I do all my real flying in FS9 :wink:

Btw.. I sent Rick my fsx.cfg towit he applied these 'tweaks' and it made no noticable difference to this pc.. certainly GenX ran no better. Perhaps SP1 will fix some bits. We'll have to wait and see :roll:

ATB

ImageImage

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

The love hate Saga of M$ FS continues
:-({|=

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

SP1 is supposed to released before the end of this month. It will address FR's (they say) but I too find the many 'plinth based' airfields totally unaceptable, just look at how racing and other sims have improved. The look of FSX is not far advanced from the turn of the century version. Having said that, I have just noticed that FSX has awarded me (amongst other awards) 10 hours of rotary wing flight and platinum helo wings, now I am embarased, I thought I never used it! :redface:
ATB Trev

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Dave

I only tried to cure the stutter you reported.

I didn't apply all available tweaks by a long chalk.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Rick Piper wrote:oh blimey.

it's another series of Grumpy old Men on CBFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love FSX but took the time to read all the tuning guides before i condemned it as crap.

FS9 looks crap to me now and i am pretty happy with FSX as it is before the SP1 patch.

Regards
Rick
Rick less of the old, im not past 25 yet!!! :poke: :lol: Well i do like it as its easy to fly but isnt the whole point of a simulator is to simulate real world??? like the scenery??? I do love the way it feels and flys!!! god we can hover at 0knts!!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No more comments from me (and sri Rick.. I thought you'd given it the works) :worried:

ATB

DaveB(now 50) :tab:
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DaveB wrote: DaveB(now 50) :tab:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-#

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smoking a pipe made me this old too. I'm really still 16 :lol:

ATB

ImageImage