A26 Invader out at Sim Outhouse.............GET IT NOW!!!

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

A26 Invader out at Sim Outhouse.............GET IT NOW!!!

Post by Trev Clark »

I have watched this develop over the past few months and it looks superb.

:dance: :dance: It may be the best freeware so far this year!!

Also check out Tim 'Piglet' Conrads latest, an OV 10 Bronco.
ATB Trev

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Trev

Thank you for the heads up - Im downloading as we speak. Hope the 606 SOS version is included - My ex father in law (A great American) flew 157 missions on the trail out of NKP in this aeroplane - and loved it. - As he says they didnt lose their part of the great SouthEast Asian wargames

Leif

BTW - the A26s callsign in the Iron Triangle was always Nimrod and two digits

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi Leif, they are not in the release package, but a whol lot of 'Nam' paints are being released in a day or so. Heres a taster for those who have not seen it, the VC and an external shot..............
ATB Trev

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

Thanks for the HU. I snagged 'em both. You can definitely tell some serious effort has been put into them both. That pack of Camels says it all....

Love the VC in the OV-10, too....
Mark

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Trev

I was totally gobsmacked - Rick, DM , DaveG no offence but this is a labour of love of the US variety - They have gotten almost everything
correct - I flew it around the patch at Missoula masqureading as a cast
member of the movie "Always" it handles impressively - just one word
of advice -unless you have multiple throttles take extreme care taxiing..
the 26 had a castoring nosewheel which is beautifully modeled BUT it
means the only way to turn is using asymeteric power. Trev as to the
K model - I saw some of the paints that had been done ,However it will
take a bit more than just paint - the K had 2800 CB16s which have a different cowl shape - the wing was extended slightly for the tip tanks,
and the vertical fin is broader - they would also have to model the hard points (8 in all) under the wings which carried ordanance (including 2 Vulcan minicannons at various times - plus the gunners position was completely
covered over and was full of ECM equipment - BTW I found a link at SOH which mentions one of the few pieces of film of the 609th A26Ks making a belly landing at Nakom Phenom - it just happened to be my ex Father in Law making that landing from the right hand seat - (he was flying as a
check airman) and the NVA had obligingly filled the cockpit with 23mm
AAA shells killing the left hand seater. So you see I have a sort of a personal interest in the aeroplane

Cheers

Leif

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I take your point Leif about the mods to later combat aircraft. I doubt that this design group will leave the project as it is, I am sure later models will come correctly modded in a few weeks or months.
Incredible story about that landing, I now see why you have such a strong connection to the 26.
BTW, I taxi her OK with differential braking on my pedals, care is needed though :worried:
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Leif,

The original plan (as I understand it) was to get this project to release stage, with the guidance and expertise of Milton Shupe, then release the source files to people within the group to make the other variations (A-26K etc). With the amount of effort that has gone into it (as can be seen from the speed with which the whole thing came to fruition) I would doubt that those plans have changed in anyway.

AndyG

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Andy

the only reason I made mention of it was the screen shots at SOH were a B/C model in 609th Colours - and I was curious as to wether those were
to be released - Lt Col Shippey (ex Father in law) flew just about every mod of the 26 built after World War 2 (including what he referred to as
the Ferrarri model (A target tug version used during the Korean conflict by the 5th Air Force out of Misawa Japan that was totally stripped and would, after they had dropped the drogues, dog fight with P(F)51s for fun and could apparently hold their own) He was also part of the group at Hurlburt AFB in 64/65 that accepted the On Mark K models into the airforce and in his mind it was the best version built - The weak spar in earlier models was totally replaced, his only negative comment about the aeroplane was, it wasnt one which a pilot wished to bail out of, you stood a good chance of becoming prop fodder.

Sorry British Classic types - I have a serious soft spot for this aeroplane

Cheers

Leif

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Post by jab »

Soory tobe a pain but where abouts can I find this Plane :worried: :dunno:

Sorry if already been said where it is.

James
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/

You'll need to register to download though.
Dave G.