Alphasim Handley Page Hampden out now

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Alphasim Handley Page Hampden out now

Post by AlexP »

The waits over, Alpha's Hampden is out now!!! That's my easter weekend set.

Alex
Last edited by AlexP on 06 Apr 2007, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for the HU Alex

Pack the suitcase and go flying :roll:

:lol: :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

There we go.. a few more quid down the swanny :lol:

Tks Alex :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Crikey, been looking every thirty minutes since this morning, I go out for an hour and it is released. Thing is, do I buy it and chance the Whirlwind not being released for at least a week...........oh bum!
Heres a taster anyhow............

More shots here
http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html
ATB Trev

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:There we go.. a few more quid down the swanny :lol:

Tks Alex :wink:

ATB

Yep, same here. I'm reading Derek Robinson's latest novel 'Damned Good Show' at the moment, and it's put me in the mood for a Hampden.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

I hope its not that long, files were sent over a short while ago and l think they were the final pieces required.

Best

Michael
calypsos wrote:and chance the Whirlwind not being released for at least a week.........

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Love it :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:doh: :doh:

Tks Michael. I've just had to activate my new card to buy the Hampden so it looks like it's second purchase will be the Whirlwind :lol:

Buy it anyway Trev :wink:

Not a bad looking model either close in or from afar. Does anyone know how the crew got into a Hampden as ctrl-e pulls the canopy back but no other exits visible :think: Also.. the chap who did the magnetos got em wrong. Two engines.. 4 magneto switches in 2 pairs. You should be able to pull either switch down on the first couple (engine 1) to measure rpm drop.. likewise with the second couple for engine 2. What happens on the model..?? Pull the first switch down and the boost on engine 1 drops dramatically (it might even cut but kept going as it was in the air when I tried it). Pull switch 2 down and the boost on engine 2 drops :shock: The switches for engine 2 default to OFF and don't appear to do anything :tuttut:

Panel is pretty much 'old school' Alpha (though not bad at all) and the gauges resemble more recent offerings.. not a bad thing either.

Flies like the proverbial brick outhouse.. and then some. Anyone who thinks Rick's old Viking is a bit slow will reconsider after they've flown the Hampden :lol:

VC.. not looked yet in any detail but due to the slightly odd view you get off the 2D (resembles a fighter more than something of this size) you'll probably find the VC easier to use to keep the runway in sight :wink:

Sounds are new to me and very gruff sounding. I like em :wink:

For the record..
Well, I'm not gonna even begin to pull it apart as that's not why I buy Alpha models.. for the ultimate in accuracy.. and to be honest, I'm not au fait enough with the type to comment. It flies ok.. though heavy.. it looks great and is what we've all been waiting for. Hopefully, someone will sort the mags out in the fullness of time but I'm in no hurry. If you're buying with your head and want the ultimate Hampden experience.. you might be disappointed. If you're buying with your heart.. you'll forgive it and enjoy it :wink:

Nice one Alpha :smile:

ATB

Card poised for Whirlwind :lol:
ImageImage

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

:shock: Dave!!! Shame on you. The other crew exit is the ventral access hatch operated via the tailhook . . . it's in the read me. :tuttut: :redface: :-#

Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I downloaded it.. loaded it into the sim and did a quick cct of Guernsey. No time for readme's (though I'd have got there eventually) :wink:

Tks for that anyway :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage