IFR in Europe

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

IFR in Europe

Post by hobby »

Does anyone know of a method or file known to work in such a way that US definitions of VFR are not applied to MS ATC controlled flights in Europe? Of course the one sure method is not to load a flightplan into Fs9 and avoid calling up anyone in the tower!

I almost got into very serious trouble on my last VA flight into Manchester after dark today when MS insisted that the Approach was to be VFR and my weather ASv6.5 had produced 3SM visibilty on the approach.

Did an ATC controlled go round and disregarding the MS ATC idiot program finally landed with 75lbs fuel (approx. 10mins flying time) remaining in the tanks!

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: IFR in Europe

Post by PeteP »

hobby wrote:Does anyone know of a method or file known to work in such a way that US definitions of VFR are not applied to MS ATC controlled flights in Europe?
As luck would have it, I know exactly the file you need to solve your problem - it's name is rcv4.exe and you can get it from http://www.jdtllc.com/. I gurantee it'll solve this problem and many others caused by trying to use MS ATC for flights in Europe.
PP

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

:lol: :lol:

I almost replied "wait until PeteP checks in"

And I've never used MS ATC since I got RC3, and then RC4.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

So the 44 buck are well spend?
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I was also going to say RC4 :cool:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

MS ATC

Post by hobby »

Thanks Pete.

Can RC4 be used successfully in combination with FlyNET and ASv6.5 on our VA. Most of my flying seems to be with the CBF VA at present?

If this can be done I shall certainly purchase a copy.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi James,

Yes it can :wink: My assistant manager bought it a few weeks ago and is now (for the most part) successfully getting from A to B under the control of RC4. Don't be put off by the 300-page manual!! :shock: He uses either FSBuild or FSNavigator to compile his flightplans and knowing you have FSN.. that's one thing you don't have to worry about.

My only comment on the program is that the voices are not as good as I'd thought they were going to be (they sound a little more synthesized than I'd expected) but Lee is happy with it (I think) and that's what matters :wink: He uses FSMeteo for wx generation but there shouldn't be a problem using AS6 :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

IFR in Europe

Post by hobby »

Thanks Dave

"Action this day!" WSC often 1939-45

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Hi James,

I use RC4 with FlyNet, FSnav and Activesky with no problems. Yes, the voices are not quite as smooth as the default (but not far away IMHO) but the realistic procedures and the other things the programme brings like regionalised background chatter more than make up for it.

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

There are a lot of callsigns, models etc not in the original MS voicepack files that are available if you have EditVoicepack and you can also add your own once you get the hang of it.

So I am curious if Radar Contact works with EditVoicepack (or visa versa.)