Dam Busters

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migman29
Trident
Trident

Dam Busters

Post by migman29 »

Would anyone have a flightplan for the above to get me to the Mohne and back again to and from Scampton?

Preferably as close as possible to the original route flown by the first three aircraft of the first wave.

I fancy a go in DG's Lanc :wink: .

Cheers,Miggers :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi matey,

Are you going to be using FSNav?? If so, I'll send you a plan I made :wink: Needless to say, you'll have to fly it there and back manually but that's the fun.. if it can be called that :shock:

EDIT.. I've uploaded my raid plan based as close as I can get it to RW info. It's b1oody hard work but worth it. You'll appreciate (if you didn't already) just what a feat that mission was :wink: You can download the file here Route1

There were three planned routes for the mission and this one, as the name suggests, is based on Route1 :smile: It is possible to set FS9 to the correct date and time of the mission but I couldn't guarantee the accuracy of it. I doubt there are files available to download the weather.
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi there,

I ran this mission 'Operation Chastise' early last year for RAF662 and it was a blast.

Pulling up over the Mohne Dam.

The mission brief that I made and the mission files are still available from here : http://www.raf662.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21883

The water files mentioned assumed that you were running stock scenery. If you have add-on water textures/enhancements already then try the mission first without them. The situation files will give you a moonlit night so you CAN fly DG's Lancaster from the VC. I've not flown it with any other Lancaster model.

The scenery file will give you two dams and some searchlights if you stick to the planned route.

If you want some company for the mission give me a shout :smile:

Rgds

John

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Dam Busters

Post by rich byrne »

migman29 wrote:Would anyone have a flightplan for the above to get me to the Mohne and back again to and from Scampton?

Preferably as close as possible to the original route flown by the first three aircraft of the first wave.

I fancy a go in DG's Lanc :wink: .

Cheers,Miggers :-({|=
You can get the whole Op order from the RAF history website, with routes and timings.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/chastise_op1.html

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Thanks very much guys. :dance:

Miggers :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

telpeedell
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Dambusters

Post by telpeedell »

Talking of Lancasters........ I remember seeing on this forum some time ago a link to a video clip of a Lancaster in England doing a couple of low flypasts over a lake and a bridge with people on it. Can anyone else remember it and perhaps remember what the link was. I remember it had good sound and was a tremendous visual sight. Would love to see it again.
Anything to do with Flight Sim. particularly
historic or classic aircraft.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

You may find this site useful http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs ... /fs_db.htm as it contains more on the FS2002/2004 limits of bombing the dams.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a mini dambusters film using Fraps & YouTube and have made the full squadron of Lancaster's using Dave Garwoods Dambuster model, just altering AJ-P to AJ-G, AJ-A etc.

Any use to you.

I had not come across the scenery pointed out above. I have just installed it. THEY SHOOT BACK :worried:

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

delticbob wrote:
I had not come across the scenery pointed out above. I have just installed it. THEY SHOOT BACK :worried:

Bob
And there's searchlights along the route to dodge too oo-er

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

RAF_Pegasus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by RAF_Pegasus »

S! Gents

Re: Dambusters Scenery

I think I should point out that a very special thanks must go to the kind gents at 'Just Flight' (http://www.justflight.com) who allowed RAF662 CFSG to use their dams structures, originally created for their FS2002 add-on "The Dambusters", in the creation of this mission scenery.
I just merely added a bit of eye-candy here and there, a few bits and bobs, some flak and searchlights, to add a little atmosphere to the flight.

Naturally, as a member of RAF662, I am a little biased, but the files RAF_Quantum has linked to make for one of the most totally immersive on-line multiplayer flights.

We tried to make the flight as accurate as possible with regard to way-points and flight times.

Like in the real operation, there are periods of routine flying, navigation checks etc etc but as you approach the target and begin your run the adrenaline really kicks in and it becomes a totally sweaty palms experience.

If you get the chance do fly it on-line with others, as this is what the scenery was designed for - as Q said of this mission - "...it was a blast"

Regards
John
Like all humans, my brain is composed of two halves, however ...
The left side has nothing right with it, and the right side has nothing left in it.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

RAF_Pegasus wrote:S! Gents

Re: Dambusters Scenery

We tried to make the flight as accurate as possible with regard to way-points and flight times.

Regards
John
I suppose to make it even more a team thing, and so long to fly in one go, if you could get at least 2 more friends to sit with you. One to navigate, & one to 'engineer' the cups of tea/coffee & fly the plane 'straight & level' while you pop to the loo, (from the effects of the tea/coffee).

Yes I would say thanks for this scenery too. I did not know it existed (as a download) till the post above with the link. So thanks to all for making it available.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC