Transferring fs9

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kimber
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kimber »

petermcleland wrote:
Kimber wrote: We run our FS9 from an external HD, have for a long time!!

No problems, no lag!!
Both of my external drives have been supplied with the FAT32 file system and I reformatted them to NTFS before using. If you wish to run FSX from an external drive then it must be NTFS, but I think FS9 will run off a FAT32 one.
Just checked, we have 4 external HDs, they are all NTFS!!

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

I bought exactly that unit from Amazon before Christmas - glad it hasn't dropped in price yet!

I wouldn't call it "super quiet" but you can always stop it with the "Safely Remove Hardware" option when you don't want to transfer anything. So far it works just fine and it has avoided the messing about with jumpers and connectors inside the pc (my last homebuild ended up a spaghetti nightmare of HDs, zip drive, floppy(remember them) and CD connectors). I can plug it into other family machines for transfer and backup as well, so the flexibility makes the minor price premium worthwhile.

I just have to see how long it takes my son to fill it up - I mean just how many pictures of sheep and sheperdesses can you download? (Lots it seems!) :roll: :shock: :k:

A real Baahgain in summary, comfleecely contented. What Moreno can I say?

Canuck
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Canuck »

Do you have Wal_Marts?? Our seagate 160gb was under $100??[/quote]

Hey, I'm not allowed in my local WalMart, no tattoos and I don't live in a trailer. LOL