fscene europe any good?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hinch
VC10
VC10

fscene europe any good?

Post by hinch »

as the title says! i saw it today pre-owned for a few quid, not having a few quid at the time i went away and forgot about it, but now i think about it - anyone have it? does it hold up to todays add-ons or are my lennarts textures better?

Mike D
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: fscene europe any good?

Post by Mike D »

hinch wrote:as the title says! i saw it today pre-owned for a few quid, not having a few quid at the time i went away and forgot about it, but now i think about it - anyone have it? does it hold up to todays add-ons or are my lennarts textures better?
I have had the FS Scene textures for a while and prefer them to Lennarts. Not that I would denigrate the latter but IMHO they are at their best in wild and woolly moors and mountains whereas the FS Scene looks better on the more commonplace cultivated land. I do a lot of simming over France and I find that they, combined with a freeware landclass I picked up a while ago soften the blow of leaving one of the Francevfr sceneries. They are sufficiently good over the UK that I gave up using the UKVFR stuff as I am allergic to the latter's turquoise and maroon colours. It is all a matter of choice but if they are cheap I would say go for it. Have a look at their website - the last time I looked the screenies were honest.

Mike D
from a dark and dirty Dartmoor

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I personally wasn't too impressed. They reminded me of a carpet effect, where for miles you would have rows of the same texture in a line and no variation. I use a freeware one and I think it's called realistic or real something. With my FS PC down I can't confirm it. It's rather good with varying textures. But I guess it's each to their own.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I agree Jetty. Textures are only half the story. To enable an area to look realistic, the correct landclass has to be in place otherwise, it doesn't make a monkey's what you've got :wink: FSscene (or was that FScene) textures ARE good and are more representative of what you might expect to see in a geographic location but as with anything like this, there are faults. You can fly over France, Italy or the UK and I'm sure you could look down and know you were 'somewhere different'. It's more a limitation of the sim rather than poor textures :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!