Lost or inadvertantly discarded Addon Scenery/Scenery cfg

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Fs will start without a scenery.cfg it will write a new bare bones default scenery.cfg and you have to reactivate all your addons, There is no scenery.cfg on the original cd's Fs writes it on install based on your preferences.
Check in the documents and settings Fs9 folder there should be a XML file there open it with note pad and see if you can get a clue from there, I never have but that is what Ms reads when you send the crash notification on the pop up that comes after a crash.
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Sorry should have said I also delete scenery.dat in the main Fs folder and addon scenery plus any others in the main Fs scenery folder as I think most of the moans and whinges that Fs can't find this or that eminate from there and is what is being written to in the little progress boxes on start up. I you are a bit wary of doing it rename the scenery.dat to scenery.da, Fs will write a new one. If you manualy delete a scenery in scenery.cfg obviously ensuring the scenery number and layer numbers are correct and restart Fs it will moan it can't find this or that just exit Fs delete the scenery.dat files as that whats looking for that scenery.

I THINK.
Rich

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Rich

Thanks for that update - my setup certainly did not start with scenery.cfg missing so you have now explained how to fix that.

Unfortunately I had to reinstall FS2004 to get it working last time.

Must file this thread for future reference.

Ian