PC performance booster tip.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Nope sorry ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

Qte:
The framework is intended to make it easier to develop computer applications and to reduce the vulnerability of applications and computers to security threats.
Unqte

But I bet If you haven't de-frag'ed for a long time, and you often install / un-install programs. Your registry-db might look like a dung-hill, and your files would be heavily fragmented. So the advices aren't bad, it is just not some magical spell ;-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

4JSTU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 4JSTU »

No, my HD was not heavily fragmented but I do download, try and uninstall programs.

FS is definately running better, I've started moving sliders to the max now :dance:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Good ;)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

I didnt bother with the .Net 3.0 business as it wont make much difference anyway, but i did the registry clean and the defrag (which took 1.5 days!!!) and I am noticing that I am suddenly getting between 18-24fps using the Captain Sim 757 compared to 5fps before.

I am also running FreeRamXP Pro to help manage memory.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

That sounds very likely, considering the heavy fragmented HDD.

the more fragmented your files are, the longer it takes for the HDD to search for all the bits and pieces needed.

Do remember that files aren't just continuous, but small bits of memory areas reserved for a specified set of 0's and 1's.

They are NOT as neatly spread out as it seems when viewing them by the use of the Explorer ;-)

Windows (or any OS indeed) is merely a GUI interface for "normal" people to get easier around. Roughly spoken.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image