Anti-aliasing in game

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Anti-aliasing in game

Post by Quixoticish »

Is anyone using the latest couple of sets of Catalyst Drivers (6.12, 7.1, 7.2) having problems with anti-aliasing in game? It seems it won't stay enabled no matter what I do. I've tried enabling it both in game and forcing it in the control panel but it doesn't make a difference; the hideous jaggies always return after a moment or two when I switch views.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit : Forgot to mention, this seems to be affecting both FS9 and FSX, although other games seem to work fine.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Yes, I have had troubles since an aborted attempt at loading the new 7.2. It seems I have a mixed up bag of drivers :shock: . Why they cannot make the whole Catalyst install system, self cleaning of the old driver, I just do not know. :worried: My AA is all to cock :-# as well :roll:
ATB Trev

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I'm sorry to disappoint you both but I'm running 7.2 and it works a bliss....

I haven't had one single problem with any of the updates, neither install-wise nor functional.... :dunno:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

calypsos wrote:Yes, I have had troubles since an aborted attempt at loading the new 7.2. It seems I have a mixed up bag of drivers :shock: . Why they cannot make the whole Catalyst install system, self cleaning of the old driver, I just do not know. :worried: My AA is all to cock :-# as well :roll:
I don't think it's an install/uninstall problem, I'm very rigorous with my drivers when I'm changing them and this has happened on two PC's for me. I'm waiting for the Omega 7.2's to come out, I'll see if it's a problem with CCC. If not and it still persists into 7.3 then I'm completely stumped.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Calypsos, I've just managed to solve this by completely removing the 7.2's with CCC (use the ATI software uninstall option in add/remove programs) reboot in safe mode and run drivercleaner, reboot and install a fresh set of 7.2's without the CCC.

You can get them from here:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=File ... _cat_id=18

So it looks as though it was a problem somewhere with the CCC. I never liked it anyway, it's a piece of nasty bloat with no real function. As soon as Omega releases his own 7.2's I'll switch over to them as he always uses the CP, but these will do in the interim.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Chris, do I uninstall the 'remove software' first via the Control panel, or is there an uninstall (e.g. remove software) function within CCC itself, sorry, being a bit dim :think: Also if you do not have CCC, how do you fine tune your video settings?
ATB Trev

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

calypsos wrote:Chris, do I uninstall the 'remove software' first via the Control panel, or is there an uninstall (e.g. remove software) function within CCC itself, sorry, being a bit dim :think: Also if you do not have CCC, how do you fine tune your video settings?
Download the drivers from NGOHQ, they have the old style control panel rather than CCC. If there are any options missing from that you can install a small program called ATITray tools which actually gives you far more options than CCC, but I've not missed anything so far.

Use the "ATI - Software Uninstall Utility" option from the add/remove programs menu. Restart and boot into safe mode and use a driver cleaning utility, then reboot into normal mode, cancel the windows popups about install driver x,y,z and start installing the catalysts manually. Always works as is far safter than just uninstalling/re-installing.