Two RAF Pumas down in Iraq

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Two RAF Pumas down in Iraq

Post by Trev Clark »

Sad to report the loss of two Pumas (possible collision), 2 crew dead and 5 personel injured. The sooner the armed forces are pulled out of this mess (made totally by Bush and Blair) the better things will be.

If these dreadful losees actually acheived stability in in Iraq, it might have been worth it. All it seems to do now is make it worse for all involved, just me venting off, I am afraid.

My sincere condolancies to those lost and injured, something I have first hand experiance of in Pumas (Belize and Zimbabwe), so it makes me madder than normal.
ATB Trev

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I noticed Bliar did briefly mention the incident in his self-appreciation interview (and telling us how great Mrs Bliar is for the world) on the telly this morning.

Per Ardua to those lost, and a swift recovery to those injured.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

My sympathies too go out to those who have lost loved ones in this terrible crash.

I agree with Calypso 100%, the situation there will never improve whilst we are occupying Iraq or even Afganistan for that matter.

There are no winners against terrorism for they are not a uniformed army our lads are up against but the unseen enemy, in front, behind and to all sides, they will appear as normal citizens until...............!! :sad:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

RJP
Comet
Comet

Re: Two RAF Pumas down in Iraq

Post by RJP »

calypsos wrote:My sincere condolancies to those lost and injured, something I have first hand experiance of in Pumas (Belize and Zimbabwe), so it makes me madder than normal.
Trev,

Was your time in Zim during the elections in 1980? If so you might've carried my father....... he was one of the British policemen sent over there at the time. I remember him mentioning flying in Pumas a couple of times.

Rgds
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi Richard, I did not do this detachment (too wet behind the ears), but yes it was in 79 or early 1980. Power line strike, two guys lost from 230, plus a young co-pilot from 33, who I did not know.
ATB Trev