new guy needs help.

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

new guy needs help.

Post by silver-fox »

:-({|= hi all ,could do with some help on my first va flight.dont know anything about airlines ,routes,fuel load.so on so on .ive read throught the forums but dont seem to help me.
ie.wot plane can i fly
were can i go
do i have to do a return flight
can i use ap
sorry for being a pain guys just dont wont to be a flump..
i can fly a plane in 9 or fsx and land..lol some times bounce more times than the bomb but its still down..

yours
foxy.aka karl

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Karl

I think a good start would be to practice off flynet on a type and get really used to that before flying live...just get comfortable and able to land without too much of a bump as that could count against you.

Just a few circuits and then build up from there.

In the meantime one of the pilots will not doubt be along and answer your specific questions properly.

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

hi Karl

If you look at the ABC sticky in the recruiting and rules forum it pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

Steve

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

hi gary
can i get used to any aircraft ?
i have put down in fly net as leeds bradford as airport do i have to get used to a aircraft that is there if so wot are they .
i can work from there then
again sorry for being a pain but im a infantry man not a ex pilot sorry..

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Karl

Have a read as stegs points out and when you know what you are going to fly see if there is one operating into Leeds.

It will explain what to do about booking flights...I don't fly VA so a lot of the detail is lost to me.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Karl
You will have type rating for the Dove so if you go into Flynet and buy a ticket to Birmingham airport where there is a Dove based then you can book a your first flight to another airport. Practice with the Dove for a few flights then get type rated for whatever takes your fancy.

Steve

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

thanks guys ill try that .
do i need to buy fuel or with me bieng a nood do i get it alicated for me cos if not im stuffed do they do 35 to gallon like a bmw lol
karl :dunno:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

You have to buy fuel, and be sure NOT to have unlimited fuel checked in your settings!

Don't take too much notice off the first few "real" flight not giving revenue, it'll work it self out along the way.

On how much fuel to buy, be sure to check the stats pages and find out just how much you particular aircraft burn in kg/hour, and use that as a rule of thumb. Then add some kgs more to make sure you have enough for any diverts or go-arounds.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

got that ty u m8 ,is there a way to find out how long the flight is estimated to take too ?
god i sound so dumb
(buck me a flight on the brush ,crew room needs a sweap)

karl.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Karl..

The Stats page gives durations too :wink:

Type ratings for aircraft are not predetermined.. you fly whatever aircraft you are comfortable with then ask John (RAF_Quantum) via PM on FlyNET for that particular TR :smile: It certainly helps to be au fait with any aircraft you ask for TR on and is, to be honest, expected. If in doubt.. get a TR for the aircraft you fancy and check where it is based. When you get your TR, when you next go to book a flight.. flights for those aircraft will become visible to you (if you don't have TR for say.. the Tridents.. when at LHR, the only flights you will see available are for the aircraft you have a rating on). If you happen to ask for the Trident.. your LHR page will double.. treble in size :smile:

OK.. say you've asked for the Trident and you are now at LHR. Take a look at the flights available.. choose one you fancy.. then do that flight off line. When you're comfortable with what you've done.. book the flight and do it 'Live'. DO NOT ask for a TR on an aircraft you're not familiar with then fly it live as this is asking for trouble.

As with all things.. practice makes perfect :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!