First Impressions of FSX SP1

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats a top tip on the CFG file Dave, what a difference! :shock:

I have just been flying the thing of which we must not speek arround southampton... I have all my AI (about 9 aircraft at the airport) ships, dense autogen, detailed clouds etc etc and I'm getting 30 - 40 fps.... I'd certainly recommend anyone who has downloaded SP1 to try rebuilding the cfg from scratch before tweaking it. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:think: :think:

TBH Dan.. the little number you mention doesn't mean one jot. If it ran silky smooth at 15fps, I'd be happy :smile: While it's not silky smooth at 25, at least it's not jerky now.. no more than is the norm. Smoothness is what it's all about for me and what it all boils down to is how much you're willing to leave out to attain it :wink: It's pointless having something running at a zillion fps if all you see is a flat, baron landscape and equally so, it's pointless being able to see the whites of your AI bods eyes and running at .4fps :lol:

The only thing that made me look seriously at FS9 (other than for testing the VC10's cabfile!!) was when FSNav was updated to run under that sim. Had it not, I'd probably still be using 2002.. so reliant have I become on seeing it on the second monitor. When the same happens for FSX.. I'll consider going over but not a day before :wink:

EDIT.. Tks for that Ben :wink:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Another thing... I've just found a landable helipad on a AI cruise ship! :shock:

ImageImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Top notch Dave.

I have a fluent 10-19 FPS at EGLL only tweak is in-application AA and screen resolution...

Traffic density set at 10% though (by FS itself), but because I installed WOAI AI traffic and most of the percentage in the flight-plans are set to 1% the amount of traffic i huge all the same....

Moving towards transforming into a happy bunny now....

Just to give an impression of the amount of traffic I have on 10% at EGLL:

Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dan

Who's Ai are you using in FSX.

Until SP1 all i had working was GA but the airliners have sprung back into life now.

Hey and my Landing lights on my models now work again in FSX :dance:

Regards
Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm just loading the GenX stuff back in at the minute to see what happens with that.

My AI is all full models from HJG, Rick, DM, Derek and Dave G, so usually heathrow is impossible, but I took SYD in last night, and altough it was slow, it worked a treat. I forgot to check if the engine starting works now.... I'll check ones I finish loading Gen X... anther 2 hours to go at this rate! :lol:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote: Now then.. don't go that far. I'll still not use FSX until those lovely folk at FSNavigator bring out FSNav5 :wink:
Helge is a "One Man Band" Dave,...He will deliver eventually but he works in machine code and he is making a lot of changes for FSX so I would expect it much later but probably this year :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Peter,

Yup.. understood :wink: The FAQ on the FSN site suggested that an 'all new' version might be ready for this summer and he was asking users what functions they'd want left in and which they'd be prepared to see go.

As I'm still more than happy with my current FS9, time is on my side so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes :wink: Now.. if he turned round and said 'That was it'.. I'd worry :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Could some kind soul recreate my check flight at Valley to see if you also get serious stutters there? See aircraft used from my previous post but all I've done is take off then perform a reasonably tight climbing spiral up to about 13K.

Stutters are from VC view just gazing slightly to the left in Rick's JP5 (also works using the Maule and microlight.

Got to go to work tonight (buggers up the sleep patterns with only 1 night shift in a week - for the past 7 or so weeks now) so I'll check in in the morning.

You don't have to use my precise settings - all scenery set to the left - but I would be interested in someone else's experience.

Cheers,
Chris

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:Now.. if he turned round and said 'That was it'.. I'd worry :lol:
Indeed Dave...I hate operating without FSNav...Always sorely missed when beta testing a new FS. I never use its FMC etc. but I use it for all Flight Planning and have the moving map on my second monitor (this last is just another reason why I dislike FSX...second monitor blanked out in Full Screen Mode). Also, traditionally Microsoft have allowed Helge to have F9 for FSNav, but even that has changed for no good reason :think: