Alpha Hudson Update released..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Alpha Hudson Update released..........

Post by Trev Clark »

I have posted this as a new post, as although it has been added on to the main Hudson post, I thought it may be missed by Hudson customers.

Still not sure wether to buy it though, I also fancy the Swift because of those fictional re-paints :dunno: Choices, choices!!!! Can somebody let us know if it fixes the problems reported in a satisfactory way :wink:
ATB Trev

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Trev, I'm still not sure about getting the Hudson either. Like Dave B said, its a model you really want to like, so it'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of the update when he gets back.

Apparently, there is a new WW2 twin coming to Alphasim; one that was "manufactured to very high standards"...any thoughts on what it might be ? :smile:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

My guess it could be another German, from the team that did the Dornier. I may well be wrong though! :dunno:
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

calypsos wrote:My guess it could be another German, from the team that did the Dornier. I may well be wrong though! :dunno:
Working on the old Matchfix syndrome (every model company had to make a Spitfire, 109, F-16 etc) I get the feeling that it may well be something like a P-38 or a Mossie. :dunno:

AndyG

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Keep shooting, chaps! It's a classic, but it's no spit or musty!

KR
Dan.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:think:...Meteor?

Bollingbroke?

I dunno :dunno:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

We can keep shooting Dan, but would you tell us if we hit the target?
Me thinks not a Mossie because there are several in the marketplace/works not a and P38 as there are some good freeware and payware ones out there. If it has not been covered by Alphasim, that narrows the search somewhat. My guess is US or German and combat rather than trainer or support. Possibly they have expanded the Hudson into a Ventura? :dance: (good use of RNZAF markings to keep it local to the new Alpha homeland) or even an Hs 129 Tank Buster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129
Thinking about it, perhaps the winning guess should get the product as a prize :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

calypsos wrote: Me thinks not a Mossie because there are several in the marketplace/works not a and P38 as there are some good freeware and payware ones out there. If it has not been covered by Alphasim, that narrows the search somewhat.
I know what you mean Trev, but the fact that there are a number of Harvards available/in development never stopped them releasing the T-6, or the existence of the very good Bear Studio-related Flankers stopped their own Flanker series - thankfully, in both cases.

The Aeroplane Heaven Mossie is rapidly inheriting the 'mythical' status that used to belong to the CS Hercules, and an Alphasim Mossie would fit neatly into their stable alongside the Hornet. Makes sense to me, which is why it is bound to be something completely different!! :lol: :lol:

AndyG

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Going by Trev's opinion...

..I've always liked the look of the Me 110...when I was a mere strip of a lad, my schoolmate's dad had gauges and photos from the one that came down in their garden....it left a lasting impression.

Derek :wink:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DelP wrote:it left a lasting impression.

Derek :wink:
I wondered what the big dent in the lawn was :roll:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."