Alpha Hudson Update released..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Its the statement 'manufactured to very high standards' that intrigues me. Does anyone know if there's a WW2 aircraft, or an aircraft company, that is specifically noted for its high standards of manufacture ? :wink:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Paul K wrote:Its the statement 'manufactured to very high standards' that intrigues me. Does anyone know if there's a WW2 aircraft, or an aircraft company, that is specifically noted for its high standards of manufacture ? :wink:
I read that as "this release will be manufactured to very high standards, so this might be a bit pricier". But them I'm a practising cynic! :lol:

AndyG

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

..ahhh

The difference between a cynic and a stoic is..

..you can't wash your hands in a stoic......

Derek :bandit:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Good grief! Men have been shot at dawn for less than that !

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

You mean they waited that long?

Myles

steve p
Victor
Victor

Post by steve p »

Paul K wrote: Apparently, there is a new WW2 twin coming to Alphasim; one that was "manufactured to very high standards"...any thoughts on what it might be ? :smile:
I don't think that Alphasim have done a Westland Whirlwind before. It's right up their street and there is a lot documentation about. But then again you could say the same about a Blenheim...

Best wishes
Steve P

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Here's one of your mysteries solved..

http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=4792.0

Dan.

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Good stuff, I think I'll be getting this one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well, its not for me, but it looks very nice indeed. :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Alpha Hudson Update released..........

Post by DaveB »

Well..

Just back off my hols and dived straight into the Hudson update.

TBH.. the update info on the Alpha site sums up what you get.. quote.. This free update changes the two-elevator setup to the correct single-piece elevator, adds a steerable tailwheel to the FS9 version and includes a 'thinner' aerial wire.. unquote.

The 'Thinner' aerial wire is just that.. thinner (but still much too thick) and the two-elevator setup/steerable tailwheel finishes what you get. For those who already have the v1 model, go and get the update but I really can't find it in my heart to recommend those who haven't part with any cash.. unless you really want a Hudson. I've only tried it in FS9 (the FSX update doesn't include a new cfg file from what I remember so I guess you only get to see a slightly thinner AE wire and two-elevator setup) so I can't comment on how it looks in FSX.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!