Alphasim are Busy Bunnies.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Alphasim are Busy Bunnies.

Post by AndyG »

Two new releases over the weekend:

A very nice looking Kamov KA-27 'Helix', with 8 different models included, so plenty of scope for repainters there

And, CFB Cold Lake, looking very impressive and with plenty of AI Tornados (of various flavours) dotted around.

After the disappointment of the Starfighter these are a welcome return to recent form. :welldone:

AndyG

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Alphasim are Busy Bunnies.

Post by Trev Clark »

I think that the HE111 is due today or tomorrow too, that looked a lot better than the the F104....which is not too difficult.
ATB Trev

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

the H 111 may tempt me but the continual price rises with every models are annoying the T**s off me currently.

every single release seems to add £1.00 or more and that in my view is unacceptable. :dunno:

Regards
Rick

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Rick Piper wrote:every single release seems to add £1.00 or more and that in my view is unacceptable. :dunno:
I wouldn't say 'unacceptable', seeing as their pricing is of course up to them. But then, I'm not sure their reputation of having quality addons for cheap prices (at least in comparison compared to other developers) can be maintained for much longer. Hell, you can buy the CS Yak-3 and F-104 for less than AlphaSim's cheapest addon now (excluding the ancient freeware stuff, of course!), which is saying something...

But then, I've just noticed that CS, in a PMDG style move, have changed their currency from USD to Euros, without altering the prices to compensate. The F-104 was $9.99, which is roughly £5, but it seems to have been changed to € 9.99 which converts to £6.78. Not much on that kind of scale, but with their more expensive addons, you begin to see the difference.

(Sorry if that's been picked up, before)

Oh dear!

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Got to add my bit :bandit:

Prices aren't set to rise anything over $55NZD any time soon, unless we do a really large package. Usually things are $50NZD or less.. only the Pavelow is $55NZD so far.

It all depends on what is in the package. If there are several models, variants, this that and the other, then the price will be higher than say, a niche aircraft with a single variant\ textures.

Maybe that sheds some light on it. I'll bring it up in conversation with Phil tomorrow.

KR
Dan.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dan

I doubt if Phil will be very interested in my view mate so please don't waste breath on me as it's just my view.

Alphasim has been on this trend for as long as i can remember so it won't change.

I hear you also Emigrated to NZ Dan ?.

I once had all the papers filled and was accepted but my wife had a change of heart so we never went.

Regards
Rick

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Hi Rick (or should that be Kia Ora),

I did indeed emigrate to NZ.. nearly 2 months ago now. It is indeed a lovely place. I'm told it's like Britain in the 50's, only, modern. But then I wouldn't know what the 50's are like. I barely remember the 90's.. Coolio

If you ever get the chance to come over there's a spare dungeon downstairs that you're welcome to!

KR
Dan.