AlphaSim F-104 released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

AlphaSim F-104 released

Post by Trev Clark »

Oddly, just the German and Italian versions, methinks that the other versions will be sold as a different package.
http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html
ATB Trev

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Re: AlphaSim F-104 released

Post by Quixoticish »

Does this version have any systems modelling or is it typical Alphasim "CTRL+E and off we go" fare? Not that there is anything wrong with that (the number of purchases I've made with Alphasim are a testament to that) but with both the Cloud9 and Captainsim offering fairly comprehensive start up sequences and systems modelling I don't know if I can justify buying a third F-104 no matter how much I love the aircraft. :lol:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Sadly I'm with Chris on this one. I already have freeware Starfighters from Rey Lopez and Itosan, and the previously mentioned Captain Sim and Cloud9 birds, not to mention the oodles of repaints published for them. I really can't see myself laying out for this one as well; considering the amount of times Phil has made comments about "commercial viability" this strikes me as an odd choice for Alphasim to tackle, especially with so many subjects still untouched. :dunno:

AndyG

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Yes, it does seem like overkill..

..perhaps 'Widow-maker' is an apt name..especially when the other half finds out about another FS purchase :think:

Derek ;-)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

Hmm i owned the Cloud9 aircraft for a while, this doesn't look a patch on it - it was really beautiful and had systems modelling.

I prefer alphasim sticking to the obscurities!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

DelP wrote:Yes, it does seem like overkill..

..perhaps 'Widow-maker' is an apt name..especially when the other half finds out about another FS purchase :think:

Derek ;-)
...which is exactly why I won't be purchasing this one. :lol: That and the fact that there's no USAF model included in this package. ;-)

Brian

Imperator
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Imperator »

hinch wrote:Hmm i owned the Cloud9 aircraft for a while, this doesn't look a patch on it - it was really beautiful and had systems modelling.

I prefer alphasim sticking to the obscurities!
Pretty harsh, no? Anyway i really like this gem and want to thanks to one of the creators that now are enjoying his life on a motorcycle.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

How good is that Cloud9 Starfighter ? I'd never heard of it until reading this thread, and having visited their site and seen the screenshots, I'm somewhat tempted! :)

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

The cloud 9 F-104 is very good, you can download the full version time limited trial, it's on offer for $15, a tenner cheaper than the Alpha package.

panty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by panty »

This Alphasim's version seems to be interesting, but having yet the Captain Sim one I'm not sure if I'll buy it.
About the Cloud9 F-104 I know that's very demanding because the flying characteristrcs are really similar to the real one as a friend of mine, ancient f-104's pilot, told me.
There are no American versions with the Alphasim's 104 just because USAf never employed the G or S versions.