Skysim Vixen

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ianjenm
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Skysim Vixen

Post by ianjenm »

I for one will give the Sea Vixen the BIG!! thumbs up. It combines a great visual model with a lot of bells and whistles, really good textures in the VC with great frame rates on my computer. Hydraulics, cabin pressurisation etc are modelled as well as a nifty little warning panel. Flight dynamics wise I think they did a terrific job, (I'll qualify my comments in this area by stating I have never flown anything more powerful than a PA28R-200.)the Vixen is a relatively easy fs jet to land on a carrier and seems to me to fly close to the original real world specs, but I'll leave that to people more qualified than me to judge. After buying some dubious FS payware in the past this jet is a real delight and to me was money well spent. Well done to the Skysim modellers.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

XR219 wrote:So whats the verdict chaps... its been very quiet!
No time to post, too busy flying Sea Vixen.....

It's a joy gentlemen, thank you! :thumbsup: I also would like to thank you for the 'widescreen' 2-D cockpit (what, he doesn't do all his flying from the VC :o ), a idea that has been a long time coming.

Andy

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Few shots I banged off this morning before work, working on getting the AI right

AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Lovely Jubbly :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Now all we need is that HMS Eagle that Alphasim were previewing, and we're sorted!!

Andy

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

The only thing that annoys me about those screenshots is that I'm 99% sure the Ark never carried Vixens in that configuration! Maybe I should scan in those plans I've got of the Victorious.....

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

SkippyBing wrote:The only thing that annoys me about those screenshots is that I'm 99% sure the Ark never carried Vixens in that configuration! Maybe I should scan in those plans I've got of the Victorious.....
Ooh, that sounds like a man committing to something he may well regret! xwink You were committing weren't you?

Andy

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Having just dug the book out and looked at around 100+ A4 drawings covering pretty much how to build Victorious from scratch I feel I may need to be committed. It's going to take a month just to scan the thing in!!! Still it'd make a break from doing a Wyvern cockpit, drinking, having a life...

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Hey Skip

See what trouble your in now lol.......No the Ark didn't have vixens when I was on her but it's a great way to test out
the AI and trapping to get things right.

So and Eagle coming and now a Vic...
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Silly question chaps, is it for FS9 or the other one.....................(fsx). Hoping the former.
Best wishes

errrrm, never mind , aren't websites wonderful things :$
Nige
Last edited by Nigel Edwards on 11 Dec 2007, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank