Alphasim new Brit ban over soon!!!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Alphasim new Brit ban over soon!!!

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. no gain without pain.. a common illness :lol:

I'm sure all parties here will understand the 'unease' of such an alliance and why it might fail from the word 'go'. All I will say is that I'm hopeful it's not gonna be a Hunter because it won't wash. The FSX folk may go for the fancy lighting effects the new sim offers and the freeware model has been available long enough to be copied the world over and tweaked sufficiently to allow interlectual copyright. Perhaps the American's would buy it as they seem to accept all thrown before them without complaint (not my words) ;-)

If it turns out to be a Tonka F3, then I'm sure there's a market there for folk with either more money than sense or those that must have the latest example. Certainly not worth a heated discussion over. Each to their own ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Apart from the fact that Dan likes it (I thought the Lightning was his baby :think: ), I do not think the Tornado will will sell outside FSX. There have been many payware ones (some now free) and it has never really floated my boat. Still, I am not a fan of Heavy Metal and that sells too.
I could see an FSX Hunter selling, but again not in FS9....am I actually putting the writing on the wall for FS9 payware myself :lol: :lol: :lol: :doho:
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bless you Trev :) I'm still busy buying FS9 payware. In fact, the only FSX payware I have other than Scotflight are from the likes of Alpha where 2 versions are included. Were it not for Alpha, I'd definately have NO payware FSX aircraft :worried:

I parted company with some folding only last night.. the excellent Flightzone Portland now joins Providence RI :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

DaveB wrote:Ah.. no gain without pain.. a common illness :lol:

Perhaps the American's would buy it as they seem to accept all thrown before them without complaint (not my words) ;-)

ATB

:roll:

oh yeah?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

As I said Joe.. not my words but a paraphrase of the blurb issued by Alpha when they said there'd be no more Brit models :) They release 'X' number of US models which are snapped up by folk on your side of the pond and are always well received. They release one Brit model and it gets flamed here. My wording here but the sentiment is correct ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

as for me......
I haven't any in my hangers from there (Alpha)
not a one,
I do however have a Hunter............... DG's
:tab:

yippy ki yay
:bandit:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

airboatr wrote:
DaveB wrote:Ah.. no gain without pain.. a common illness :lol:

Perhaps the American's would buy it as they seem to accept all thrown before them without complaint (not my words) ;-)

ATB

:roll:

oh yeah?

I'm sure Alphasim must have been speaking of us rich Texans. You know..oil wells in the backyard, big Cadillacs in the drive, etc. :roll: :lol:

Brian

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote: I parted company with some folding only last night.. the excellent Flightzone Portland now joins Providence RI :thumbsup:

ATB

Nice, ain't it ! :tonqe:

I'm sure Portland must be one of the best selling scenery add-ons around. I'll be buying the rest of the Flightzone collection too, but will wait till I upgrade ( downgrade ? sidegrade ? ) to FS :-#

;-)

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

calypsos wrote:I do not think the Tornado will will sell outside FSX.
You're probably right.

The thing is, as I mentioned, true FSX models perform better in FSX than ones originally created for FS9, even ones modified to work in FSX. I don't know why, as I'm not a modeller, but I know this is the case. If you're using a high poly FS9 model in FSX, you're going to have trouble, so forking out for an FSX model is worth it. Not to mention the fact that you can cram more detail in, without losing as much performance as in FS9. The upcoming Aerosoft F-16 shows the kind of detail you can get into a model, without the serious performance hit you'd have got with FS9.

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Post by rich byrne »

Pics of the Alphasim Hunter are now up over at their place.