Status percent.

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Status percent.

Post by simondix »

How is the Status percent worked out on the aircraft. I have been flying a Rapide on several flights and watched the percent oing down. All my flights have been 100%. What causes the drop. Just usage or other factors.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Status percent.

Post by Chris Trott »

Usage, landing force, and time in the air mainly.

You fly more or longer and hit harder, the aircraft status goes down faster. It replicates the real-world degradation of the aircraft as you use it. See the threads also in here about when to let someone know that the plane needs maintenance.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for the replies. I flew the plane using real weather the other day and I suppose that did not help. Winds were high and gusty so the landings were not good!
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Don't worry about it Simon. You're going to cause wear and tear on the aircraft no matter how good you fly it. We make more than enough money to make up for any and all fudged landings we make (and I've made my share... :)).

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

When I land the Rapide that noise always makes it sound like a bad landing!
Simon