Changing a headlamp

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Changing a headlamp

Post by nigelb »

Many, many years ago I had a Triumph Herald :lol: and that was the easiest car I have ever owned to work on. You could almost climb inside the engine compartment and remove everything in short order.Good job too, since it needed lots of attention. The only downside was finding parts for it and sometimes having to wait weeks for a dealer to get them from England and you had to carry an extensive toolbox with you at all times. Fortunatly, I could often find parts at scrap yeards. Changing a headlight was a piece of cake.

When the right side headlight on one of my Honda Accords packed up, I had to perform similar gyrations as described by Nigel the First. Of course with the Hondas I don't have to carry a toolbox with me every where I go so I suppose everything is a matter of trade-offs.

The "other" one.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Nigel.I note your problem with interest as I also have a Toyota Corolla 1.4 just coming up to 4 years old.I have to say that it's the best car I've had so far.Mind you ,haven't had to change a headlamp bulb yet!Best Wishes EricT.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Eric, just hope that it lasts another 3 - 4 years. The headlamp that is.

Have to agree with you as this one is the best that I have had tha is why I have no intentions of changing it.

Regards Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

On the subject of Corolla's.. I wasn't going to mention this but my dad sold his in part-ex for a Skoda (and not a new version either) :o While we all laugh and snigger.. I couldn't afford a NEW Skoda these days! :'(

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Dave.At first glance I thought you had said that your Dad sold his ex partner for a Skoda.!Oh well must be time for bed.G'night all. |-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No Eric.. he probably wishes he could have sold my mum many times over (and nearly did once for a decent number of camels in North Africa.. much to her disdain) :lol:

He'll never 'slag' the Corolla's off but equally so, has been more than happy with his Favorit's and now.. Fabia (which I've driven) :$ It drives well as it happens but it should being a Polo floorpan with cheap bits added for effect (eg.. seats.. windows, ugly body e t c) :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

All this makes me glad I've kept my daily-driver MGB for the last 23+ years, including two transatlantic moves. All the parts are widely available, especially here in California, most are still available British made - as long as you know where to look - and I can do any parts replacement myself.

Kevin