Lago Milan Airports 2002

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Lago Milan Airports 2002

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's :)

Does anyone know if this pack works in FS2004?? I had Lago Italy2000 many moons ago and from the blurb, the 3 airports included in the pack (the main two being Malpensa and Linate) were updates for 2002. My memories of trying Italy2000 in FS2002 were not particularly good for the few airports I tried (elevation issues) so I'm not keen to risk wasting money.

Alternatively.. anyone know of a decent Malpensa and Linate for 2004?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Pegasus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Lago Milan Airports 2002

Post by RAF_Pegasus »

S! DaveB

Don't know about the Lago scenery.

However the 'iSD Project' scenery is not bad, and is available at Avsim.

Check out Italian sceneries here

Good Luck

Regards
John
Like all humans, my brain is composed of two halves, however ...
The left side has nothing right with it, and the right side has nothing left in it.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.!!!! Thanks for that John :thumbsup:

Someone posted a similar link not too long ago and I couldn't find it :welldone:

EDIT..
That shot didn't pop up first time I read your post John and I don't think what I've downloaded is the same version (LIML2004) but nontheless.. the old version is a nice bit of scenery ;-) Think I'll brush up on my Italian and go for the 2005.. when I've landed :rock: On the strength of what I've seen, no reason to believe Malpensa will be any different so I'll bag that one too :thumbsup:

EDIT#2..
Just twigged that shot is LIMC not LIML so it won't look the same will it!! :lol: :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

markw
Comet
Comet

Post by markw »

I use the freeware ISD Venice and Milan airports in FS2004 with no problem. There's also a nice freeware Napoli Capodichino available from the Napolevuole site (can't find the link at the mo unfortunately) which again works well in FS2004.

I have fond memories of Milan Linate and Maersk-BA 1-11's including an eye-watering 10 minute connection from an Alitalia Naples connection and the Birmingham flight where we were barely in our seats when the cabin crew shut the doors and we were off. I also got told off by Milan's securitate for filming the roof leaking water inside the terminal in a torrential downpour, but not before I'd spent five minutes filming the unintentional water feature and people walking around inside the terminal with umbrellas up...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice story Mark ;-)

Pity I didn't know about the freeware Venice having recently bought the Payware version. It's OK I have to say but freeware to the quality of the iSD Groups would have negated the need for any monitary transaction :brick: Never mind.. I saved a few bob by not buying the old Lago stuff :thumbsup:

EDIT..
Linate part deux :roll:
Darn it!! LIML has turned out to be one of those annoying sceneries that works just fine if you start from there but tares like there's no tomorrow if you fly into it. Damned shame :-(
ATB

ImageImage

panty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by panty »

Problems with Linate?
I never had probles with Linate or Bresso, what kind of problems do you have?

About Venice, the difference between the ISD freeware version and the Lago version for FS99 or the new one, it's the town of Venice.
The ISD version is limited to the two airports of Tessera and Lido.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi panty :)

As I said above.. the problem I have at Linate is that the ground textures tare as I move over them on the ground (the ISD textures disappear in front of the aircraft revealing the default texture below). This obviously isn't an issue with the scenery itself.. more that I have a rogue terrain mesh from somewhere causing elevation issues. I can't recall physically loading ANY Italian mesh so it must have come with another addon. Flying from Linate (starting a flight from there).. all is well but if I fly TO Linate, I see the ground texture tearing .

ATB

ImageImage

panty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by panty »

Dave,
Sorry for the delay in answering.
I don't have your problem with Linate even when I start flying in another place and I arrive at Linate airport.
I've also the Milano VFR scenery installaed (at AVSIM file isdproject_-_milanovfr.zip) and I've all the patches I've found applied :
AVSIM: limb_elevation_patch.zip, linate_afcad2.zip.
I don't remember the author of the meshes, Mauri perhaps, in any case is freeware set.
panty

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks panty :) I'll give that file a go ;-)

ATB

ImageImage