AFG Caravelle released!

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: AFG Caravelle released!

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks Steve

I'll look into that :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I thought it was only me
That's what I thought as well!! :$

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

Personally .... and speaking for myself only here :) .... I always prefer going through full manual startup procedures/routines with any FS panel. Only beacuse I appreciated complexity and any panel which reflects well the relatively sophisticated business aviation actually is.

However .... I also appreciate/respect not everyone shares my preferences .... of course !

IMAGES BY GUS AUDIBER

Looking at the above panel images .... and commenting here only for the benefit of those whom haven't yet mastered the art of individual engine startups with the new AFG CARAVELLLE panel but want to enjoy it anyway ....

There should be a "QUICK ENGINE START/AUTOSTART" option available via "FAIL" tab indicated in the above above imagery. All you should need to do in this case is select everything "ON" .... then select "VALIDATE/EXIT" tab .... and the entire engine startup routine will then begin to be performed for you automatically once you return to the main panel :)

The pop-ups should be controlled (easily commanded in and out of view) by one or other of the panel views selection tabs .... as I recall !

Mark C :flying:
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO
Last edited by Mark C on 08 Aug 2008, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

it only took me about 1 hour to figure out the start up proceedure,

a lot of the stuff is alreay on in the standard hot start up,

haven't tryed cold starting it yet,

kind of reminds me of the comet but here I don't have to search around the VC for certain vital controls that are not shown in the 2d one.

I just can't get used to VC especally in big aircraft.

just too easy to loose your frame of referance when trying to fly and operate controls..... :@

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

Looks like AFG have publicly released their own PAINT KIT for the CARAVELLE :welldone:

It available now fro FLIGHTSIM.COM .... filename as follows ....

CARAVELLE 3/6/6N PAINT KIT

afgc3kit.zip

I sence the number of available repaints for the AFG CARAVELLE may be about to dramatically increase :o

Important to remember though that this PAINT KIT is for the following CARAVELLE aircraft versions only ....

CARAVELLE 3
CARAVELLE 6
CARAVELLE 6N

.... but not for the 6R or any of the later aircraft CARAVELLE aircraft versions which have yet to be released by AFG.

Mark C :flying:
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !