Avsim Review JF Vulcan

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Avsim Review JF Vulcan

Post by delticbob »

MartynJF wrote: ....I seem to remember a fair few accidents have been caused due to controls being hooked up incorrectly.
Thinks of Roy Chadwick & the Tudor 2 accident :'(

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

I'd never come across that one Bob (shame on me) but yet another sad ending caused by lackluster maintainence. The problem being that all Humans make mistakes, even aircraft engineers (although my dad would protest otherwise!).

Interesting article on control reverssl here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_reversal
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I remember getting an Anson 19 started up near the hangar...It had just had some work done on the brakes. I opened the throttles a bit to start her rolling and applied the brakes watching the two needles go up as we came to a stop...OK, that seems fine I thought...I'll go and fly now. I opened the power up again and applied a bit of right brake to turn away from the hangar and it swung the other way...Not realising what was wrong I finished with full right brake applied and the aircraft "groundlooped" to the left with the starboard wingtip JUST missing a part of the hangar.

They had connected the brake pipes in reverse...After that I was more cautious with brake checks and checked that differential moved the correct needle before moving forward :$