Comet 1 (and 2) for FS2004 and FSX available now

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Comet 1 (and 2) for FS2004 and FSX available now

Post by tonymadge »

I was using the HJG CV880 SMOKE. But as Garry said it must be the Axis thats different I would assume FSX is running under the "Third Axis" :fart:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

When they made FSX they switched a couple of the axes around so anything that is axis dependant gets screwed up if you are not careful and I had forgotten all about it. Unfortunately I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the left/right that switched with the up/down or if it was some other combination. Smoke is one of the things that gets screwed up because of it and can sometimes be found going sideways (or is it vertically?) instead of fore/aft.
Larry

jensbk
Meteor
Meteor

Post by jensbk »

Hello Bigred1970

>I saw in your pdf file that the range is 3400 miles, however in one of my books, ( the epic of flight) they list it at 1750 mles.

The range will full load (approx 11000 lbs of passengers, mail and freight) was about 1700 miles. The range I quote (from a magazine) is with full fuel, and reduced payload.

best regards

Jens
Jens B Kristensen
Hobby FS modeller

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

Great job! Thank you :welldone: I ve just landed after a trial flight in the Mediterranean , far from Pisa LIRP. Only one question : the long dorsal fin from fuselage to the vertical stabilizer , in the G_ALYP photos doesn'exist. Was this a mofification done on the early Comet 1 ? :thumbsup:

Patron7
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Patron7 »

I have my Comet 1 engines all shut down after I pull the power all the way back (idle). Is there some reason for this that I don't understand? I'm in FSX. I'm not the only one experiencing this, as a friend has also noticed this.

Bill
Bill

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Got the same problem Bill....gotta be gentle with them throttles...or you can always re-calibrate your throttle to leave a dead zone.... :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

yes i have had a few issues using FSX, anyway i have installed the DM comet panel to fly her by, which all works except after start you have to turn the start master off and flick the hp cock up to keep the engine running.

comet 1 is very different to the comet 4 we are used to, you feel that lack of extra power the 4's had, very enjoyable, very nice work

jensbk
Meteor
Meteor

Post by jensbk »

Tomb wrote:yes i have had a few issues using FSX, anyway i have installed the DM comet panel to fly her by, which all works except after start you have to turn the start master off and flick the hp cock up to keep the engine running.

comet 1 is very different to the comet 4 we are used to, you feel that lack of extra power the 4's had, very enjoyable, very nice work
I don't think the Comet 1 model is compatible with DM's panel, at least not the most recent version. Something to do with the electrical or fuel systems.

Anyway, the panel of a Comet 1 was quite different from the panel of a Comet 4 :)

Best regards

Jens
Jens B Kristensen
Hobby FS modeller

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

Dm's panels working fine other than as noted Jens and its the latest i am using FSX+accel, on the original comet1 panel in fsx i cant get the fuel panel to show other than via the drop down bar.

jensbk
Meteor
Meteor

Post by jensbk »

Patron7 wrote:I have my Comet 1 engines all shut down after I pull the power all the way back (idle). Is there some reason for this that I don't understand? I'm in FSX. I'm not the only one experiencing this, as a friend has also noticed this.

Bill
Hi Bill, and others,

I thought I had solved this FSX problem, but apparently not (it works well on both of my computers, though) :-(

Open the aircraft.cfg file, and go to the [GeneralEngineData] section.

Find the line

min_throttle_limit=0.05

and change the value to 0.06. Start FSX to see if the problem is solved. If not, increase the value a bit more, without going too far.

And please tell me what value works for you.

Best regards

Jens
Jens B Kristensen
Hobby FS modeller