FSX Westland Wyvern: In the next 24hours

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FSX Westland Wyvern: In the next 24hours

Post by SkippyBing »

Dave,

I think those specs match pretty closely to the machine I started making the Wyvern on back at the tail end of '05! I'd like to point out there were several long hiatus while I did other stuff.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is one thing that differs now though Skip.. the beast that is F S X ;-) I still use my XP2400 (I'm typing this now as it happens) though no longer for FS use. It got kinda full and ground to a halt but it's still fine for this and emails/phots.. general day to day stuff. The intention was to go fully over to the Core2 for flightsim then move up to the 3200 for day to day use but it hasn't happened. FS9 is unpredictable and TBH.. I've lost the will to rebuild it to the same standard as it is on the 3200 so the old dog will continue to get used until it eventually dies.. as will the 2400 and my very old XP1700 (or is it an XP1400.. can't remember).

Anyways.. back on topic. I'll pull the Wyvern over to the Core2 in a couple of mins and see how it runs with SP2/no ACC (no bloody AI Ark or Hermes either :'( )... :roll: So much to do.. so little interest to get it done :cpu:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Just a small bug regarding the packaging of the aircraft, some FSX users may have noted that once you've previewed a few of the different Wyvern paint schemes that new ones don't load up, and you are presented with the same one over and over. This is because the shared textures are all in the texture.1 folder. Make a new folder called "sharedtextures" and cut everything from the texture.1 folder APART from fuselage.dds, tail.dds, wings.dds, thumbnail.bmp, and texture.cfg and put them into the new sharedtextures folder. Open up the texture.cfg in the texture.1 folder and change the first line to read as follows:

fallback.1=..\sharedtexture

Now save and close the texture.cfg file, copy it and paste it into each of the texture folders. You'll now find that the textures will display correctly rather than loading the first texture all the time no matter what you choose.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Fantastic little aeroplane! :) Well done!

Runs fine on my QX9770, well... a Q9450 running at the same speed :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Chris,

thanks for that tip, I'd been banging my head about it for a while but found swapping aircraft solved the problem!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

SkippyBing wrote:Chris,

thanks for that tip, I'd been banging my head about it for a while but found swapping aircraft solved the problem!
It's just one of those little FSX nuances that is a simple fix but takes ages to figure out :)

Kofi
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Kofi »

Outstanding job on this!

Thanks!
:welldone:

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

Chris H wrote: It's just one of those little FSX nuances that is a simple fix but takes ages to figure out :)
I am so glad you figured that out, we thought it was a bug with FSX! It took me ages shutting down the sim and opening again to get a load of screen grabs!
Thanks again!

Sketchy

basys
VC10
VC10

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

For future reference -
The texture.cfg issue is fully documented at - FS-Developer - Wiki - Texture.cfg (FSX)

HTH
ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Cracking model chaps :flying:

One quick query, is there a texture missing? The gauge needles look untextured.
Dave G.