Who are these people???

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Re: Who are these people???

Post by Tarasdad »

DaveB wrote:Reading the single review says it all I think :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:

From the reviews page: "There are currently no product reviews."

Interesting, innit?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. that IS a bit of a mystery!! As they'd say in Welsh Wales.. 'There is was.. gone' :lol:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Surely these so called developers are causing people to look towards the freeware market instead of the payware market? Not that im complaing about freeware but its making it harder for payware dev's to deliver a product at a higher price and for better quality...

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

It's an oddy....

Without doubt, that Fin is ghastly. I very much doubt anyone on here would contemplate using it even if it were freeware, never mind paying for it.

On the other hand, there are screenies up there and it's plain to see what, from an aesthetic angle, you are getting - so you could say 'fair enough' - but I'd be quite miffed if I bought that, then at a later date saw the Alpha or DSB freeware version....!
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Chris..

Some might argue that the scenario you mention is no bad thing though I understand what you're saying ;-)

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I think that even a freeware version would get the rear facing RWR fairing round the right way.

As for the instruments, how long has the Tornado had a suction system for the HSI (normally reserved for Cessnas and Pipers)?

Poor attention to detail methinks.

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Sometimes it is not numpties that do the purchasing. Mothers, wives and girlfriends will see the aircraft that their particular loved one will favour. And if they (the loved one in question) owned a previous version like the Just Flight or DSB one, it would be reasonable to think (to the un-initiated) you were just buying an updated version.

If you are just presented with the box art in a shop like PC world, you would think to yourself "oh I will give this a go" only to get home and be severely disappointed with your purchase. I bet the likes of P.C. Pilot will not get hold of a copy to review, so it will be down to disappointed customers to warn other folk off.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

I think what im meaning is that if persoon buys a **** product for £20-30 surely the are going to ask how much would a good quality product cost?

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Town wrote:I bet the likes of P.C. Pilot will not get hold of a copy to review, so it will be down to disappointed customers to warn other folk off.
Well, if you look at the PC Pilot Payware special there is a glowing review of their Hurricane - granted it's towards the back. Perhaps I loaded it up on a bad day and should re-instate it? After all the mullah from vendors would not colour PCP's opinion - surely? :roll:

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

To be honest, I don't think the Hurricane is a bad effort - well put it this way when compared to this (these) model(s) that we are talking about, it is of PMDG quality.

I say it again these are BY FAR the worst models I have EVER seen put out as payware.