Trident models update

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Re: Trident models update

Post by MALTBY D »

There's no right answer to that question Crisso. It depends on what you have loaded in the first place.
I can't think of a reason why you need to delete anything first, but I'm not the expert when it comes to installing on other peoples setup.
If you don't have any extra repaints, or have never modified anything yourself, just install over the old one.

If you have extra repaints, or have modified the panel yourself, read on...

The best bet is to save a copy of your 'HS121 Trident 2' & 'HS121 Trident 3' aircraft folders before you overwrite them.
Install the new one & then copy the extra paints back in.
Obviously, if you have modified the panel yoursel, save a copy of the 'DMFS Shared Files\HS121 Trident Panel' folder as well.
There is no need to save the 'HS121 Trident Panel VC' folder, because the new VC has a different folder name.

Some of the old repaints will have a wrong coloured patch on the nose. For these, you may find it best to use the old model instead.
Maybe set up a new aircraft folder like 'HS121 Trident 2 Repaints' & keep all those paints using the old model.

DM
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I tend to follow a similar path to DM

I make a new folder...put the old install in there, download all the new stuff then pull any of the old bit in that I need as I need....

Even if it doesn't matter you have all the latest bit then....and there is no pressure to get a previously expanded pack working all at once.

I always make sure the new install is working properly as downloaded before bringing anything back and by that I mean play with it for a while and just see if anything shows up

That way, I know if it does misbehave later it will be with my mods. :worried:

Whether or not the download instructions suggest overwriting or replacing I always do it this way. :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Sorry Dave and Garry, I could have sworn I read somewhere to delete the old files first but after going back and looking I must have dream't it!! :$ Got be be something wrong with me if I'm living and dreaming FS9 :worried:

Oh well, back to the funny farm I go!! :o

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Thanks very much David.

I won't offer to father your children but I would certainly buy you a bag of chips and a pot of hot tea. :wave:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks Dave... ;-)

And.... bugger! I remember fiddling around a lot with the files when I installed - stuff that had been mentioned here or in one of your text files - but I can't remember what I did.

I put all the airliners into one installation pack (Trident/1-11/Comet - sorry, no VC-10 due to lack of VC making me feel blind) to make it easier when I re-install.

I also went through all the various repaints and whittled them down to the ones I like best - just to reduce how many were in the menu.

So some work ahead - and as I'm very busy with the Air Hauler beta testing, too, it looks like I just won't have time for Christmas!

Could life get any better? :dancer:

J0hn