SkyUnlimited L4 Grasshopper for FSX

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Re: SkyUnlimited L4 Grasshopper for FSX

Post by d0mokun »

Hi Leif,

That I understand, but to be devil's advocate- there are plenty of payware Cessna's and such, and none of them use default sounds despite packing the same Lyco powerplant. I don't dare to think what response the EZ would have gotten had I stuck the default sounds on, just because it has a Lyco 235.

I found a sound 'upgrade' that I think was done by Aaron Swindle- that works pretty well!

There is now an updated installer that adds a rotating/ alpha compatible prop disc for those that like the prop swish effect.

BR
Dan.

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

d0mokun wrote:Hi Leif,

That I understand, but to be devil's advocate- there are plenty of payware Cessna's and such, and none of them use default sounds despite packing the same Lyco powerplant. I don't dare to think what response the EZ would have gotten had I stuck the default sounds on, just because it has a Lyco 235.

BR
Dan.
Might be taking this a bit off-topic, but I agree with your sentiments there Dan
I think its' come to be expected that every release has its' own sound package even,as you say, its' often no better ( and sometimes worse) than default.

As a case in point, (and taking this more OT) in the Embraer 135/145 once in flight you cannot hear any normal engine
sounds from the flight deck, the overriding noise is of the airflow around and above the cabin. The first 'realistic' sound package for an E145 with Bill Grabowski's panel for fs2002 featured sounds recorded exactly from an in flight E145 (of Crossair)
and was slated by the common sim-press for not being realistic.....go figure

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Sorry Gents

I guess Im sort of biased. Having helped rebuild one of the last J3s to come off the production line at Lockhaven in 1941 (they only built L4s for the duration)
I spent alot of time around A65's both on the ground and in the air. Its a wonderful sound and as I said maybe its my ear but the FS sound file is pretty darn
accurate. There is a lot to be said to wandering around at 500 foot early on a summer morning with the door :) Ahh nostalgia , its not what it used to be ;)

Leif